Pros vs Cons of Rs4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pros vs Cons of Rs4

I was referring to do 1 item every year. And a 4 year rotation of doing them. I did tires this year, brakes next then carbon cleaning.

Comment

Lots of rs4's on kijiji right now, join the club.

Comment

Originally posted by 91wolfie View Post
        ...If you were to do it again would you buy say an S4 and put more money into it or stay with your RS4?
        For the record... I believe Derek started with an S4 before quickly upgrading to an RS4 ...so I think you have your answer right there.

As for my mechanical experience with my car, I had some early issues with the TPMS system and had to replace the rear antenna for $200 or something like that. My DRC's are still bone stock and have had zero issues there. I've never replaced a clutch on a car... ever. Provided you're not side-stepping the clutch every weekend or buying from someone who has... I don't know why the stock clutch wouldn't last you the life of the car. Tires wear out just as fast on my R32 so not sure why a tire replacement cost is even relevant here. This isn't a 600hp RWD monster that goes through a set a year. Carbon cleaning... I've never done it. Car is 7 years old and has never had it done. Frankly, I don't see the point. Squeezing the "fun pedal" puts me into the illegal speed category far too fast already. Maybe that's the real carbon cleaning solution... just hit the highway every couple of weeks and let her rip. My car still hauls absolute a$$. Who knows... maybe I'm "only" getting 400hp instead of 420hp due to carbon buildup. If things ever get to the point where I feel like a carbon clean is needed, I'm planning to go the BG Induction Service route so am not worried about $$$ at all.

In summary, like Derek... I love my car. My advice... if you want a limited run car with a manual that sounds great, looks great, has 4 doors, a high-revving V8 and can be driven 12 months of the year in Calgary... look no further. If you want something newer, faster, with better fuel mileage and more tech... then go ahead... get an S4. You won't hurt my feelings one bit.

Just don't come complaining to me when you trade it in for an RS4 a year or two later.
        Rob
        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

If you like fancy new tech and all that... Brand new S4's are pretty slick as well as low end torque! But if you plan on keeping a car for a long time, exclusivity and rarity is always very cool! Why not test both and see what the heart wants!

Comment

Originally posted by ToXicXxX View Post
            Why not test both and see what the heart wants!
            Couldn't have said it better myself. Although... whatever you do decide... you can't go wrong with Misano Red.
            Rob
            Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
            Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Its not that i want a s4, just a couple people suggested to me to go that route and spend the money im saving on modifications. I truly want the RS4 above all, not worried about service costs and what not. Just time to maybe "mature" little and get rid of the GTR lol I am actually looking at the phantom black one on kijiji with 56000kms seems like it has been meticulously been taken care of!

Comment

Its not that i want a s4, just a couple people suggested to me to go that route and spend the money im saving on modifications. I truly want the RS4 above all, not worried about service costs and what not. Just time to maybe "mature" little and get rid of the GTR lol I am actually looking at the phantom black one on kijiji with 56000kms seems like it has been meticulously been taken care of!
                GTR you say? R34? I remember when I was looking for a new toy, half the forum said RS4! So you really can't go wrong haha. Doesn't take much mod wise to crank a ton of power out of a B8 S4 though

If you do get that one, definitely get a PPI, I found a few things on my "meticulously cared for 335" that I just sold, that I'd have never guessed. And maybe ask if they did oil sooner then the goofy 20000km interval Audi likes.

I think otherwise, the only cons you'll find are carbon buildup, cost of servicing, and having too much fun!

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                Couldn't have said it better myself. Although... whatever you do decide... you can't go wrong with Misano Red.
                Shhh! I don't want anyone to match me Though I see George at Tunedub got a misano one!
                Last edited by ToXicXxX; 06-04-2014, 10:04 AM.

Comment

R32 actually.

I have a guy coming Saturday to take a look, if that falls through i have a guy out of Ontario that will be making a purchase! Then we should be able to see a RS4 in my hands

Comment

I have a guy coming Saturday to take a look, if that falls through i have a guy out of Ontario that will be making a purchase! Then we should be able to see a RS4 in my hands
                    Oh la la, how did it go? Are you selling the GTR? RS4 time?
                    Buy my stuff!
                    8v Society#35
                    MK4 2.0T
                    &
                    MK4 24v VR6 GLI

Comment

Guy called and couldnt make it. Ontario guy made an offer depending on me sending him more detailed pics, i just have to go take some new ones Monday.

Comment

So missed that black one, did a drive by on another silver one but can't say I like the color.

The skyline is sold and will be gone on Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X