Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B7 RS4 Maintenance & Upgrade shop recommendations

Hey Gang,

Just bought a 08 RS4 and need some maintenance work done... in particularily replace the engine mounts with stern units i just purchased from JHM and do the carbon cleaning...

Looking for a shop in Edmonton but will drive to Calgary if the need be so i don't have to deal with n00bs.

Any help would be great,

Thanks,
    Adam
    Garage --- full at the moment.

Re: B7 RS4 Maintenance & Upgrade shop recommendations

I'd recommend Autobahn Performance.

If you're southside, I've heard some pretty good things about Eurasia but have no experience.

Should you not be inclined either way, Chris Meyers of Das Auto Haus in Red Deer should have you covered... no need to go as far as Calgary.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

I'd say come to Calgary and see me at Calgary Autoworks, but being in Edmonton, I'd recommend either Dubsport (they did my pre-purchase on my GLI a number of years ago and were awesome) or Das Auto Haus as they are the two I have experience with.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Also a +1 for Dubsport. Richard and Payton are the tops!

Comment

Dubsport or Autobahn Performance.
          2016 VW GTI (Stock)
          2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
          1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
          2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

Hey Guys,

I appreciate the responses, i actually tried calling dubsport and didn't get the warm and fuzzy feeling. After i explained what I needed done the person who answered the phone wasn't comfortable they could work on the 4.2 and didn't reply back.....

I'll give a shout to Autobahn but I think i'll my way to tunedub as I have meetings there anywys.

Thanks!

Comment

I know Chris at Das Auto Haus in red deer has experience with the 4.2 and also they have had rs4's in there. Might want to give him a call and see what he says. +10 for those guys for sure
              2011 Meteor Grey S4
              APR Stage 2

1990 Corrado
              In Progress

Comment

Adam my apologies for not getting back to you (missed the log on your call), we have had very little RS4 work at the shop and to tell you the truth I would be a little apprehensive to work on the them as we do not know much about the engine... I would rather pass the work onto someone that has a more extensive knowledge of the Audi V8 than to use you as a guinea pig and possibly damage your car!
                Once again my apologies

Richard

Originally posted by MrAvantit View Post
                Hey Guys,

I appreciate the responses, i actually tried calling dubsport and didn't get the warm and fuzzy feeling. After i explained what I needed done the person who answered the phone wasn't comfortable they could work on the 4.2 and didn't reply back.....

I'll give a shout to Autobahn but I think i'll my way to tunedub as I have meetings there anywys.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dubsport Inc View Post
                  Adam my apologies for not getting back to you (missed the log on your call), we have had very little RS4 work at the shop and to tell you the truth I would be a little apprehensive to work on the them as we do not know much about the engine... I would rather pass the work onto someone that has a more extensive knowledge of the Audi V8 than to use you as a guinea pig and possibly damage your car!
                  Once again my apologies

Richard
                  That's real honesty in a technician. I would much rather have a shop tell me this then take the work and mess something up. Kudo's

Comment

As mentioned, Eurasia is a pretty good shop. Dealer+ type of workmanship. Knowledgeable with a variety of platforms. If they can work on Lambo's and Ferrari's, I'm pretty sure your RS4 would be a walk in the park for them.
                    -Stefan- '02 S6 Atlas Grey

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
                    '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Need Radio Removal Keys, VAG-Com? PM Me

Comment

Originally posted by Shoppingcart111 View Post
                      That's real honesty in a technician. I would much rather have a shop tell me this then take the work and mess something up. Kudo's
                      agreed!

Booked in at Tunedub ; - )

Comment

Originally posted by MrAvantit View Post
                        agreed! Booked in at Tunedub ; - )
                        Does anybody know what process TuneDub uses for their carbon cleaning? Looking for a carbon clean on mine... but want to make sure she's done ala walnut-styles. Anyone know if they do... or alternatively, if there is another shop that does? Getting the injectors replaced as well. FYI.

EDIT: Sounds like TuneDub does a manual cleaning... ala tools and brushes. Hmmm... not sure if that is better or not? Anyone?
                        Last edited by Deuce; 03-16-2015, 02:14 PM.
                        Rob
                        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

I've heard good things about w/m injection to get rid of carbon build up.

Comment

Too late now that you have an appointment an all, and i Know the stigma against some dealerships, but theres some great techs at southgate audi who know exactly what they are doing. Especially on rs4's and 4.2s. Not sure of what the hourly rate is at eurasia compared to southgate anymore.
                            Last edited by jschmidtjordan; 03-16-2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I had a couple dealings with Southrape; they're pricy but competent.

Comment

Working...
                              X