fsi engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fsi engines

looking at a FSI A4 or Passat and based on my reading online, it seems that they have carbon issues and cam button issues on the fuel pump, anything else that I should look for? the cars are both at around 140k and timing belts have not been done because the service interval says 150k, are these ticking time bombs or do I have some time before it has to be done?
    Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Re: fsi engines

Yup, and control arms in the front.

Timing belt is 115,000-130,000km or 7 years now.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I have a 2009 2.0TFSI A4 I'm looking to sell, if you're interested

Chain timed!

Comment

Originally posted by toplessvw View Post
        looking at a FSI A4 or Passat and based on my reading online, it seems that they have carbon issues and cam button issues on the fuel pump, anything else that I should look for? the cars are both at around 140k and timing belts have not been done because the service interval says 150k, are these ticking time bombs or do I have some time before it has to be done?
        with our climate 130 is cutting it close. The DSG (if vw) tend to have problems with the flywheel's masses separating and making a hell of a noise, all the FSI engines have some issues with the PCV valve (simple fix), and obviously the cam issues. Quite a few cars I've seen that are belted have also been having some issues with the chain tensioner between the cams. Shitty oil and bad maintenance like to clog up the filter screen where its supplied oil. This leads to timing issues and obnoxious engine lights. Leaking injectors are more common on the Audi v6/v8 FSI, but it does happen to the 4 bangers as well!

Comment

bought a Passat and got it home and parked it until I can do the timing belt, not worth driving with my bad luck it would break on me, control arms were just done so I am good there but I will have to change the fuel pump cam button as it has never been done. I hope the cam is fine. the transmission is triptonic and has had three vw fluid services( not sure what that entails) but with a little love it should serve me well.
          Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Originally posted by toplessvw View Post
            bought a Passat and got it home and parked it until I can do the timing belt, not worth driving with my bad luck it would break on me, control arms were just done so I am good there but I will have to change the fuel pump cam button as it has never been done. I hope the cam is fine. the transmission is triptonic and has had three vw fluid services( not sure what that entails) but with a little love it should serve me well.
            When you change the pump check the cam for wear, and next oil change watch for metal in the filter. For the next couple oil chnages you'll still see residual metal if there is damage to the lifter or cam, but just keep and eye out

Comment

Working...
            X