Glenmore Audi in a bit of hot water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glenmore Audi in a bit of hot water

in poland when i go for to vw/dealers, there you drive into a reception bay, they lift up your whole car, check it rental car styles for outside/under damage and mark it off on paper accordingly, also write down the exact in miles. if you have any questions service advisor cant answer mechanic comes out

Last edited by bart; 08-14-2014, 07:02 AM.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I will add knowing the friends i know that work flat rate don't have issues with getting jobs done within the time allocated for them (Usually much less than book time for that job), never mind saying they need to take it home to diagnose it, for free, on their own time.

Seeing he put 500km on the car, I call ******** this was allow and that he was doing it for diagnostic purposes.

Guess some people really can be that dumb!
      2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
      2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Getting more and more coverage, turning into some pretty bad PR for Glenmore...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11408157...s-s4-in-canada
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Anyone seen any updates?
          I'd like to make a statment!
          2012 Q5
          2011 A5

Comment

Hit Jalopnik now. Err kinja? haha Jalop posted it on Facebook.

http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/audi-o...ium=socialflow
            Last edited by Ponto; 08-19-2014, 09:07 AM.
            2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
            2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by 100%VAGitarian View Post
              i have a little bit to add to this as my wife and i talked about it earlier.

i have taken a customers car home, with their permission.

put bluntly, as a flat rate tech, you have to hustle and sell work, and there is no way you are getting paid fully for your time to drive a car around. warranty or CP. as a scenario, i might put some diag time into it and recommend taking it home so i can make some money throughout the rest of the day and since i have to drive home anyway, it's not a bad trade off. like it or not, i have bills to pay too.

also, the amount of audi's an audi tech works on throughout the week means that taking home an s4 really has no appeal. they just become cars that you make money off of. lastly, service writers talk to customers, not techs. that is the number one communication breakdown at the dealership. again, like it or not, i'm there to fix the car, not pamper you. it sucks, but it also works both ways, like when a service writer communicates poorly to the tech about your problem, or tells you i'm going to fix something for you for free without my consent. personally, i would never want to talk to you at the front desk because i don't care about you. i just want you to agree to the work i've drummed up on your car so i can hammer it out and move on to the next gravy job. there is a mix of workers ranging from grumpy old techs like me, to new young guns, perhaps hyped about what tricked out ride they get to drive to the wash bay.

i'm not taking sides with glenmore audi, or the pissed off guy. i didn't read or watch the story because i don't really care. (i does sound like a massive communication breakdown on the dealer side though.) i'm not trying to get into it with anyone here and if you think this sucks, good for you. i won't bother arguing. i don't really care because it's a reality in the automotive world. i just thought i'd shed some light about the tech/service writer/customer relationship that i've seen and experienced during the time i spent on the dealer circuit, as well as the 20+ years i've spent as a grease monkey.
              This is exactly the attitude that makes me hate working in a flat rate shop. Body and mechanical are very similar. That being said, these are all good points. And it does come as a bit of a shock/outrage to some who don't know exactly how it works when they find out.
              Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Working...
              X