Audi Prologue Concept/Prologue Avant Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Prologue Concept/Prologue Avant Concept

Audi has taken the wraps off the highly-anticipated Prologue concept.

Designed to preview the company's future styling direction, the Prologue is an elegant coupe that is slightly shorter than an A8.

Since the car is all about style, designers added a wide single frame grille that is positioned lower than on today’s production models. The grille is flanked by Matrix laser headlights, gloss black front spoilers and aggressive air vents with diamond pattern inserts.

The sleek styling continues further back as there's a sculpted hood, chiseled body work and wide fenders that house 22-inch alloy wheels. Interestingly, the concept eschews traditional door handles and uses electromechanically-operated doors that open when touched.

The rear end has influences from the Citroen C6 but thankfully the execution is more polished. Putting the rear window aside, there's three dimensional taillights and a protruding rear bumper.

While the exterior has tons of personality, the four-seat interior is a bit of a letdown. The materials are top notch and include premium leather upholstery, aluminum trim and elm wood veneers but the overall design leaves something to be desired.

Putting those grievances aside, the cabin is a technological tour de force as it has a digital instrument cluster and numerous touchscreens for both the driver and the front passenger. The concept also has a “butler” which identifies the driver by their cell phone and then automatically adjusts the driver's seat, climate control system, radio and navigation system to their preferences. Even the rear seat headrests are high-tech as they automatically extend when a passenger enters the rear seating area and retract when they leave.

Power is provided by a twin-turbo 4.0-liter TFSI V8 engine that develops 605 PS (445 kW) and 750 Nm (553lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to an eight-speed tiptronic transmission and a quattro all-wheel drive which enables the coupe to rocket from 0-100 km/h in 3.7 seconds.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Audi Prologue Concept

Exterior looks really good I think. Interior looks kind of boring though.
    ~Tracy~
    MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
    Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Aston/Audi/ferd grill...

I dunno.
      2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
      2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

I know everyone is kind of critical on this one, but personally I see this as the close to production type of concept as opposed to the crazy future concept, thus I think this should dictate the A9 and maybe next A8 to fight the S-Class and the likes.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Exterior is very nice IMO and while the renders leave something to be desired on the interior, I'll hold off calling if blah until I see some real life images
          --
          Rod
          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Exterior is fantastic!

Reeeaaally not a fan of the interior... I see this every time I look at the concept photo's.
            Last edited by bshantz; 11-19-2014, 04:59 PM.

Comment

2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

I really like the whole car, the inside I have no problems with. It is simple and elegant.

Comment

I think it looks better in the real world pics, great lines and edges.

Blair

Comment

Yup that confirms my thoughts, to much grill. Not a good balance for the front end.
                    2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Audi has announced the next generation A8 will have a design influenced by the recently unveiled Prologue concept.

So far we have seen the all-new Audi A8 only as a test mule so there was nothing to talk about in terms of design but now Audi technical chief Ulrich Hackenberg says its styling will be derived from the Prologue concept. This decision makes sense since the A8 represents the company's flagship model and according to Audi the front end and interior cabin will have the most similarities with the concept.

The Prologue concept represents Audi's first sight of a new styling language which will also be implemented in the A6 and A7 range, following its debut on the new A8 set to be unveiled late 2016 before going on sale in 2017. Hackenberg promises that chief designer Marc Lichte will come up with a more differentiated styling from one model to another.

Details about the next generation A8 are scarce at this moment but we do know for sure it will be available with an autonomous driving system and will likely go on a significant diet by making more use of high-strength steel, aluminum and composite materials as part of the MLB platform. The W12 engine is expected to live on (with Euro 6 compliance) while lesser engines will include updated V8 and V6 units and also a four-cylinder motor for the base version. A plug-in hybrid derivative is very possible while a pure electric e-tron version could also see the light of production day.
                      Blair

Comment

i really like the interior, so simple
                        MKV GTI
                        '73 Westfalia

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                          I think it looks better in the real world pics, great lines and edges.

The perspective in this picture makes the grille look out of proportion... I do like the interior more in the real life pic. It feels warmer to me.
                          --
                          Rod
                          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I like it in video! And that sound!!!

Comment

Avant version of the Prologue Concept coming next month at the Geneva Auto Show

Blair

Comment

Working...
                              X