2015 Audi Q7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Audi Q7

The first official images depicting the highly anticipated second generation Audi Q7 have surfaced the web ahead of an imminent online reveal.

Looking exactly like you would expect, Audi's flagship SUV adopts sharper lines which have erased some of the bulky traits seen on the outgoing model but overall the design isn't that much different. More significant changes can be found inside the cabin where we notice a less cluttered design and a digital customizable cluster as found inside the new Audi TT and Volkswagen Passat. There's also a controversial free-standing display while the air vents are "connected" in the same vein as in the aforementioned Passat B8.

The biggest changes are under the skin as the overhauled Audi Q7 has made the switch to the MLB Evo platform and is estimated to be as much as 800 lbs (363 kg) lighter. It will be offered with optional matrix LED headlights while the 6- and 8-cylinder engines will be carried over but likely with some tweaks to improve performance and reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Expect to find a range-topping SQ7 model with the hardware sourced from the RS5 TDI which combined twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 TDI engine with a supplemental electric turbocharger.

There's also going to be an e-tron version powered by a 3.0-liter V6 diesel and an electric motor. This version is scheduled to go on sale a few months after the conventional powered Q7 which will debut in January at NAIAS, with a market release set for the first half of the year.

Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 12-12-2014, 08:49 AM.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2015 Audi Q7

More details:

Following this morning’s leak, Audi has officially taken the wraps off the second generation Q7.

Billed as being the lightest model in its class, the overhauled Audi Q7 tips the scales at 1,995 kg (4,398 lbs) with the 3.0 TDI engine. It's up to 325 kg (716.5 lbs) lighter than its predecessor and approximately 26 percent more efficient. The massive weight loss was possible thanks to a lightweight chassis making extensive use of high-strength steel and aluminum which has made it more than 100 kg (220.5 lbs) lighter than before. A 71 kg (156.5 lbs) diet was achieved by implementing a multi-material body design including fully aluminum doors (shaving 24 kg), hood, front fenders and rear hatch.

Customers will be able to choose from xenon, LED or matrix LED headlights and all will come with double arrow LED daytime running lights, with the upper-spec models benefiting from dynamic turn signals in the taillights.

It has a drag coefficient of 0.32 and compared to its predecessor it's 37mm shorter and 15mm narrower while the height has remained just about the same. Despite being slightly smaller, the all-new Audi Q7 is actually more spacious on the inside where there's an extra 21mm between the first and second rows of seats and an additional 41mm front & 23mm rear of headroom.

Since we mentioned the cabin, it boasts the Audi virtual cockpit seen on the third-gen TT and there's also the latest implementation of the MMI infotainment system with a bigger touchpad. This new hardware setup has erased some of the buttons and knobs to enable a less cluttered dashboard layout while Google Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support will be available. The flagship SUV will be offered with either a Bose sound system with 3D sound or a more expensive Bang & Olufsen Advanced Audio System with 3D sound and 23 speakers packing 1,920 watts of power.
    Also available is a rear seat entertainment system with one or two optional 10.1-inch tablets powered by an Nvidia Tegra 4 processor and featuring a full HD camera, 32GB of internal storage as well as Bluetooth, NFC and LTE connectivity.

Moving onto engines, we start with the 3.0 TDI rated at 272 HP (200 kW) and 600 Nm (442.5 lb-ft) which is enough for a 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) run in 6.3 seconds before topping out at 145.4 mph (234 km/h). In this configuration, the Q7 consumes just 5.7 liters / 100 km (41.3 mpg US) and has 149 g/km of CO2 emissions.

A lesser 3.0 TDI with 218 HP (160 kW) and 500 Nm (368.8 lb-ft) will also be available but at a later date.
    Audi is offering a 3.0 TFSI with 333 HP (245 kW), 440 Nm (324.5 lb-ft) which does the sprint in 6.1s and reaches 155 mph (250 km/h). This one consumes 7.7 liters / 100 km (30.5 mpg US) and 179 g/km of CO2.

The 2015 Q7 will also get a 2.0 TFSI primarily in Asian markets and United States where it will put out 252 HP (185 kW) and 370 Nm (272.9 lb-ft).
    The most important novelty is the addition of an e-tron quattro plug-in hybrid model which has a combined output of 373 HP (275 kW) and 700 Nm (516.3 lb-ft). It represents Audi's first ever plug-in hybrid diesel and has a fuel consumption of just 1.7 liters / 100 km (138.4 mpg US) with corresponding CO2 emissions of 50 g/km and a 34.8-mile (56 km) electric range.

The Audi Q7 e-tron has a 3.0 TDI with 258 HP (190 kW) and a 94 kW electric motor built into the 8-speed tiptronic gearbox. It needs 6 seconds for the sprint in hybrid mode and 6.1s when running on electric power while the top speed stands at 139.8 mph (225 km/h). It will be available shortly after regular model's debut and will get standard quattro AWD.

The 2015 Audi Q7 will be available on order at home in Germany in the spring from around €61,000, with deliveries kicking off in the summer.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Pretty nice! too bad i couldn't wait as mine is a 2015 here but these won't hit NA until probably late 2015 here or spring 2016 i bet.

I have to admit the interior is really nice and updated for sure but the seats are still the exact same as mine LOL

Comment

told you to wait

they better make rsq7 this time around to compete with bmw and merc
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Questionable eexterior styling, we're thinking of getting a q7 in a coupleyears if we have kids but I'd have to see if in person...
          I'd like to make a statment!
          2012 Q5
          2011 A5

Comment

no need to wait 1.5 years here.. we are happy with what we got

Comment

RS version is coming...

Sources close to Audi have told Top Gear magazine the second generation Q7 will eventually receive an RS derivative.

Details about what will power the high-performance full-size SUV are not available at this point but it is believed Audi is prioritizing the use of a turbodiesel engine rather than a gasoline motor as you would expect from a traditional RS-badged model. If indeed it will be a diesel, don’t expect the V12 TDI because it is too heavy and would ruin the car’s performances. Speaking of weight, it should be mentioned the new Q7 has lost up to 325 kg (716.5 lbs) compared to its predecessor.

Developed to rival the BMW X5 M and Mercedes-AMG GLS 63, Audi's Q7 RS will likely arrive in about two or three years and aside from getting a more powerful engine it will also boast an upgraded suspension, beefier brakes, stiffer chassis and a more aggressive body.

The report doesn't exclude the possibility of a gasoline engine which could take the shape of a V8 4.0-liter twin-turbo from the RS6 Avant & RS7 Sportback but further tweaked to develop more than the current 560 HP (412 kW) and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque.
              Blair

Comment

Audi has officially unveiled the Q7 e-tron 3.0 TDI quattro at the Geneva Motor Show.

Looking instantly recognizable, the eco-friendly crossover has a familiar design but adopts a new front fascia with a revised grille and modified air intakes. The model also has a new rear diffuser and aerodynamic 19-inch alloy wheels.

The cabin largely carries over but comes nicely equipped with a digital instrument cluster and a standard MMI navigation plus system which is closely integrated into the hybrid management system. The latter uses navigation data and real-time traffic information to select the most fuel-efficient mode to operate in.

The model also has an electromechanical power steering system as well as a thermal management system with integrated heat pump that transfers heat from the electrical drive components to the interior to maximize efficiency.

Power is provided by a plug-in hybrid powertrain that consists of a 3.0-liter TDI six-cylinder diesel engine, an electric motor and a lithium-ion battery. This setup enables the crossover to produce a combined maximum output of 373 PS (275 kW) and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque. In terms of performance, the model can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 6.0 seconds and hit a top speed of 225 km/h (139 mph). Even more impressively, the crossover returns 1.7 L/100km (138 mpg US / 166 mpg UK) and can travel up to 56 km (34.8 mi) on electricity alone or 1,410 km (876.1 mi) overall. When the battery is depleted, it can be recharged in as little as two-and-a-half hours with a rapid charger.

The Audi Q7 e-tron will go on sale in Germany next spring and pricing will be announced closer to launch.

Blair

Comment

Horrible. Reminds me of a frumpy old minivan, or Dodge Journey.
                  Chris

Comment

Brutal. The Q3 has that same shitty ugly grill. And totally a Dodge Journey.
                    2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
                    2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
                    2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

The exterior is growing on me a little bit, although i still prefer the previous gen. I wish my moms new 2015 came with this interior though.
                      Last edited by Danaldson; 03-04-2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Way to boxy! A step back for the exterior styling and a step sideways for the interior.

Comment

The Audi SQ7 has been spied outside the company's Nürburgring testing facility.

Looking virtually identical to its mainstream counterpart, the SQ7 is distinguished by revised air intakes, beefier brakes and a four-tailpipe exhaust system.

Performance specifications remain unconfirmed but previous reports have suggested the model will use an e-turbo V8 TDI engine that displaces either 4.0- or 4.2-liters. If the rumors are correct, the engine could produce more than 400 bhp (298 kW) and enable the crossover to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in approximately 5.5 seconds.

The model could also be offered with a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 petrol engine later on but nothing is official as of yet.

Blair

Comment

I always thought the q7's have been underpowered since they got rid of the 4.2. A twin turbo v8 would be awesome to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i find our TDI moves just fine..

my father in law had a 4.2 and it drove nice tho but guzzled the gas

i don't doubt they'll make a S version to compete the the BMW line

Comment

Working...
                              X