Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Tires: 275 or 265?

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
    So... I've been able to source 3 PSS's in town. Arrrgh... too bad it wasn't for a Morgan 3-wheeler... LOL. Anyone know of where I could find a 4th 265/35R19 PSS?

Random Question for you tire guys:
    There are two part numbers for the above tires (59800 and 54687) signifying OEM Mercedes and Porsche tires respectively... however, I'm assuming this is just for the tire company... no? The tires are identical are they not?
    There's no specific reason you couldn't run the rubber on your car, but:

a) BMW/Porsche etc have specific specs for their cars that they get the manufacturers to take into consideration for the sub models, such as weight distribution and other factors,

b) I wouldn't mix and match between them.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Re: What Tires: 275 or 265?

^ Thanks for the info... and agreed... would definitely run 4 of the same if I went for it.

New issue though... ugh, why is buying tires so complicated. Anyway, here goes:
      Currently, I have Kumho Ecsta SPT's in 255 variety stretched ever so slightly on my 9.5" ET25 Rotiforms. These are currently sitting approximately 6mm'ish away from the suspension strut. What I mean by this is the tread edge of the tire where the tread meets the sidewall is about 6mm or so away from the strut. Tight... but OK. FYI. According to Kumho, the section width for these tires is approx. 255mm on a 9" rim. Now, the 265 PSS's have a section width according to Michelin (as measured on a 9.5" rim) of 271mm or about 8mm wider on each side. Furthermore, since the tire is a touch bigger... it will also add about 3.5mm to the ride height. Seems crazy to be talking about a mm here and a mm here but... if I'm understanding this correctly... the added dimensions in width and height will most definitely put the tread edge of the tire up against the suspension strut. Arrrghh...

Suffice to say... it would seem my options now are to go with say 5mm spacers (which I'm not too keen about) or go back to 255's, which (dare I say) is probably the less "show" but smart choice.

Thoughts guys? Maybe buying a second set of OEM RS4 rims and unloading the Rotiforms makes more sense? Ugh... 1st world problems. LOL
      Rob
      Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
      Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Working...
      X