2016 BMW 7 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 BMW 7 Series

Following countless leaks and teasers, BMW has officially unveiled the new 7-Series.

Designed to combine "supreme dynamic ability" with "luxurious long-distance comfort," the redesigned 7-Series sports an evolutionary exterior that has been criticized for being too conservative. Regardless of where your opinion lies, the model features a familiar front fascia with a prominent twin kidney grille that is flanked by standard LED headlights or optional Laserlight headlights. The luxury sedan also has LED fog lights, front fender vents and copious amounts of chrome trim. Other highlights include L-shaped taillights and a variety of wheels in sizes ranging from 17- to 21-inches.

As before, BMW will continue to offer standard and long-wheelbase variants. The latter model is 14cm (5.5 inches) longer and has a spacious rear passenger compartment.

Speaking of the interior, it features Dakota leather or Nappa leather upholstery as well as wood trim and aluminum accents. The car also has metallic switchgear, touch sensitive controls and a new iDrive infotainment system with a touchscreen and gesture control technology.

Buyers looking to sit in the lap of luxury can order an Executive Lounge package on long-wheelbase variants. It features a four-zone automatic climate control system, ventilated seats and power rear seats with a massage function. If that's not impressive enough, there's an Executive Lounge rear console which houses a fold out table, cup holders and a 7-inch Touch Command tablet.

Other notable options include a Sky Lounge Panorama glass roof (on LWB variants), a Bowers & Wilkins Diamond surround sound system and an Ambient Air package which ionizes the air and releases one of eight different aromas.

Under the hood, there will be a variety of powertrains including:
    A 750i xDrive / 750Li xDrive with a 4.4-liter TwinPower Turbo V8 engine that develops 450 PS (330 kW) and 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) of torque. It enables the model to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in as little as 4.4 seconds, before hitting a limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).

A 740i / 740Li with a 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder engine with 326 PS (240 kW) and 450 Nm (332 lb-ft) of torque. It runs from 0-100 km/h in as little as 5.5 seconds before topping out at 250 km/h (155 mph).

A 730d / 730Ld / 730d xDrive / 730Ld xDrive with a 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder diesel engine that produces 265 PS (195 kW) and 620 Nm (457 lb-ft) of torque. It's a little slower than the petrol-powered models but can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in as little as 5.8 seconds before topping out at 250 km/h (155 mph).

There's also a new BMW 740e / 740Le / 740Le xDrive plug-in hybrid which has a 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo four-cylinder petrol engine, a 95 PS (70 kW) electric motor and a lithium-ion battery. This enables the model to produce a combined maximum output of 326 PS (240 kW) which allows the car to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in as little as 5.5 seconds before hitting a top speed in excess of 240 km/h (149 mph). More importantly, the model consumes as little as 2.1 L/100km (134.5 mpg UK) and can travel up to 40 km (25 miles) on electricity alone at speeds up to 120 km/h (75 mph).

On the handling front, all models are equipped with a standard two-axle air suspension with automatic self-leveling and Dynamic Damper Control. Customers can also order an optional Executive Drive Pro package which adds an active chassis control system with an electromechanic active roll stabilization system. The package also includes an anticipatory chassis control function that uses information from the navigation system and a stereo camera to setup the suspension for upcoming road hazards such as potholes.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2016 BMW 7 Series

inside is nice!!

that side vent line deal not sure what to think there...

Comment

Doesn't do it for me, but then again the 7-series never has.
      2008 Audi RS4
      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

I think the front grille (kidneys) are out of proportion. It just looks weird.
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I really like the rear of the car and the interior.
          2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
          2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

It makes me want to have a nap.
            2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
            2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
            2001 Audi A4 - RIP
            2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
            2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
            2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
            1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
            2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Not my style

Comment

Working...
              X