2016/17 Audi S4 (B9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016/17 Audi S4 (B9)

Audi is launching at 2015 IAA the S4 Sedan and S4 Avant which share a newly developed V6 3.0 TFSI engine.

Those rumors about a new turbo-six for the next-gen S4 turned out to be accurate as Audi has introduced today in Frankfurt the warm S4 which in typical Ingolstadt fashion looks tastefully restrained even though it packs an all-new engine that pushes out 354 PS (260 kW) and 500 Nm (369 lb-ft) of torque.

The engine packs more power than its predecessor and at the same time it’s lighter and brings increased fuel efficiency. It works together with a new eight-speed tiptronic transmission which according to Audi has boosted efficiency and offers very quick gear changes.

Thanks to its new heart, the all-new Audi S4 Sedan will run the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint in 4.7 seconds and will keep on accelerating until the electronic top speed limiter will be activated at 155 mph (250 km/h). As for fuel consumption, it stands at less than 7.4 liters / 100 km (31.8 mpg US) which equates to 170 g/km of CO2 emissions.

As you would expect from an S model, all that power is channeled to a quattro all-wheel drive system with a self-locking center differential that in normal driving channels 60% of the torque to the rear wheels. Depending on situation, it can send up to 70% to the front axle or up to 85% to the rear wheels in order to provide optimal traction regardless of road conditions and the car’s speed.

The S4 sits 23mm (0.9 inches) lower than the regular A4 and rides on 18-inch alloy wheels featuring 245/40 tires while optional 19-inch rims are going to cost extra. It weighs from 1,630 kg (3,593 lbs) in sedan form and 1,675 kg (3,692) if you go for the more practical S4 Avant.

Stepping inside the cabin, the cars are fitted with S sport seats wrapped around in pearl Nappa leather and Alcantara. It also gets illuminated door sill trims with the “S4” logo, matte brushed aluminum inlays and an optional 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster as seen in the regular variants.

LED headlights are standard, but those willing to pay more can upgrade to the optional matrix LED headlights and other extra goodies like a head-up display or a tailgate sensor control for the S4 Avant.

Both the Audi S4 Sedan and S4 Avant are programmed to go on sale next year.

Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 09-15-2015, 02:54 AM.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2016/17 Audi S4 (B9)

Meh
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

2016/17 Audi S4 (B9)

It's nice but I find it pretty boring. I hope that screen folds away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Danaldson; 09-15-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Interior is nice, but it's so vanilla otherwise. Hoping they inject some excitement into the new RS4.
        2008 Audi RS4
        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

it looks tomtom stylez like MB, yuck

also no more dsg..... booooo

i wonder if its the same motor as the new porsche no-turbo turbos lol
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Avants. Remember Avants guys? oh those were the days.
            Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Manual transmissions. Remember Manual transmissions guys? Oh those were the days!
              Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
              -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
              -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Well if you guys want to chip in I can probably get a manual wagon and offer you rides when you are over

I do agree this car is fairly underwhelming...
                Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 09-15-2015, 11:13 AM.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I wonder if it is a single or twin turbo? The rumors were single for s and twin for the rs.

Comment

If you think the pictures are Meh? Take a look a this official video. I nodded off twice. I guess it is no longer a sports sedan. Two scoops of vanilla ice cream rather than one for the A4.

Comment

There are rumours North America might get the RS4 Avant, and yep twin scroll.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/20...s-news-rumors/
                      Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                        Manual transmissions. Remember Manual transmissions guys? Oh those were the days!
                        Epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Rob
                        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

If we wanted understated we would probably just go with an S8 Plus

Blair

Comment

Absolutely love the S8 plus no matter what anyone says

Comment

ehh.. it OK.. dig the new dash and lights but the transmission i wish they kept the DSG.. maybe it shifts fast tho (our Q7 has the same 8spd i think which is really fast) for ripping around Tdot here it would be OK i suppose.

these won't hit us for another 1.5 years my guess is anyways

Comment

Working...
                              X