B8 A4 headlight film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B8 A4 headlight film?

Anyone have issues with film on headlights of a B8 A4? My brother is buying a new 2015. My thought was to throw some film on the headlights because it really saved my passat's headlights. I had a bad experience with film on the glass fogs though. They just get too hot and the film turns brown and starts to peel over time. The dealer is saying they don't do headlight film at all on their cars because the headlights get too hot. From my experience, I would avoid the fog lights, but have a hard time believing that the headlights on the Audi are going to get that hot. Anyone here have film on their B8 A4's headlights?

I think its LaminX that is usually used for headlights....
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: B8 A4 headlight film?

I used 3M on my fogs with success, no melt or discoloration, nothing on the headlights though...and yeah Laminix is the way to go I think, some Napa locations carry it,but its pretty expensive.
    Last edited by Geobmx4life; 10-04-2015, 08:34 PM.
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Re: B8 A4 headlight film?

Price wise, shadow shield will supply and cut to fit for about 60$.
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
      X