New BMW M2 next week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BMW M2 next week?

Apparently, at the DTM event on the 14th/15th the new BMW M2 is being released.

http://www.bimmerpost.com/m2/

Anyone else heard anything?
    Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Re: New BMW M2 next week?

Heard it's gonna be dreamy, potential to be in my garage one day
    TJ
    '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
    '01 Silver S4

Comment

Yes it is to be debuted on the 14th and here are the latest spy shots.

Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

perfect size imo. the m3/4 are too boatish.
        Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

I wonder when they are going to start covering cars in Vantablack?

Looks mean from the vents.
          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Is it just me or do the rear tires look stretched on Blairs spy shots?
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
              I wonder when they are going to start covering cars in Vantablack?
              I think it is about 10K a square inch to grow Vantablack. But there is a really dark velvet black wrap that would probably do the same.

I like the car though!!!

Comment

i wonder how it will compare to an S3.. next spring will be a fun decision for me

Comment

S3? whatta hijack. if you're looking at automatics, don't skip the GLA AMG, V60 Polestar,.... Camry XLE, ...Accord LX
                  Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

What s3? Even with out x-drive the M2 with its near 400hp will be in a different space. Hopefully audi will up the power of the RS3 to compete.

Comment

Plus a Golf R is a better buy than an S3 or even an RS3 at this point, but yes this car is a different animal.
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I've been waiting patiently for the M2. I hope it's not a disappointment. The only competitor it has for me will be an RS3. Hopefully one of those two will have the secret sauce I've been looking for. I definitely want a 'limited' edition car though too. Perhaps waiting for an M2 CSL (if it ever happens) is a smarter idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Rob
                        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

This new car is going to be epic!!!1
                          12 VW Golf
                          09 BMW 135i
                          07 MKV GTI
                          03 Jetta GLI
                          01 Jetta GLS
                          90 Jetta GL

Comment

The highly-anticipated BMW M2 has leaked to the web ahead of its debut later today.

Spotted by Jalopnik in an upcoming issue of Auto Express, the high-performance coupe features an aggressive front fascia, an M-branded grille and front fender vents. The model also has a sportier rear bumper and a four-tailpipe sports exhaust system.

Power is provided by a 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder engine that develops 364 bhp (271 kW) and 465 Nm (342 lb-ft) of torque - 500 Nm (368 lb-ft) with overboost. It can be connected to either a six-speed manual or an optional seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. With the latter gearbox, the car accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 4.3 seconds before hitting a limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).

Full details will be released later today but the article says the car will feature an electronic limited-slip differential and high-performance brakes sourced from the M4. The car will also benefit from additional aluminum components which will enable it to weigh 35 kg (77 lbs) less than the M235i.

The BMW M2 will go on sale in April in the United Kingdom and pricing starts at £44,070.

BMW released on Periscope a short teaser for the highly anticipated M2 Coupe set to debut later today.

The wait is finally over as BMW will unveil the first ever M2 tonight at 6 PM (EST) and according to a new report the model will cost $51,000 in United States while a previous rumor suggested a €54,000 starting price in Germany. Yesterday we received yet another confirmation the inline-six 3.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine will develop 370 PS (272 kW), so it should be a very potent machine.

We already know BMW has plans on offering the M2 with a standard 6-speed manual gearbox and an optional 7-speed DCT along with an M Driver's Package that is expected to boost top speed from an electronically-limited 155 mph (250 km/h) to 171 mph (275 km/h). The high-performance coupe will get 19-inch wheels as standard and it will be interesting to see whether that rumor about an optional xDrive setup for select markets will come true.

BMW will offer the M2 only with Mineral Grey, Long Beach Blue, Alpine White and Black Sapphire body colors and a black leather interior cabin with blue stitching. All the cars are getting rear parking sensors, carbon fiber inserts, Navigation Pro and shadow line in black while for more money clients will be able to add a rearview camera, power heated front seats, adaptive headlights, Harman Kardon sound system, Internet access and tinted rear windows.
                            Blair

Comment

Looks like it starts at $51k USD. Around $57 CDN if my math is any good.
                              Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X