Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boost Leak? Failed N249? MAF failure? Also looking for a good deal on 2.7t EGTs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Leak? Failed N249? MAF failure? Also looking for a good deal on 2.7t EGTs.

As the title says. Car is balky and sputtery when first started cold, then after it warms up it runs fine. Doesn't do it 100% of the time because Audi. Only started once it got below -10C. Was (mostly) fine last winter. When cold, greater than 2000RPM seems to clear it temporarily (until the thermostat comes alive, sometimes sooner.)

Scan:
    17695 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
    P1287 - 35-00 - Open Circuit
    17865 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 2 (G236)
    P1457 - 35-00 - Open or Short to Plus
    17861 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235)
    P1453 - 35-00 - Open or Short to Plus
    16487 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
    P0103 - 35-10 - Signal too High - Intermittent
    Readiness: 0110 1101

I've had the MAF and EGT codes for a long while and the car was running okay. The 17695 code is new. I checked to see if any vacuum lines were loose but couldn't see any.

And a question while we're at it: does an intermittent failure mean the part needs to be replaced (MAF)?

Any ideas? Thanks.

This is how I feel about my AR some days.

2002 Audi allroad 6-speed MT
    Unitronic stage 1, Arnott coil-overs (d-bagged?)

Re: Boost Leak? Failed N249? MAF failure? Also looking for a good deal on 2.7t EGTs.

I don't know what blocks you can find it in, but if you have a vagcom you should be able to monitor your maf values during cold starts. A bad maf could definitely contribute to your symptoms. If you spray all your vac lines with a soapy solution you can sometimes find small leaks that aren't as visible. Monitor short term and long term fuel trims to pinpoint if it's a vac leak.

Comment

Re: Boost Leak? Failed N249? MAF failure? Also looking for a good deal on 2.7t EGTs.

You will have to deal with your EGTs. The other issues may be from running a long time in limp mode. If you can't find some EGTs, code them out or get some of the delete plugs till you can find some. By the sounds of it you may have been in limp mode for a year??

Comment

Yeah, that could very well be. I will inquire within the Google about tuning the EGTs out.

Comment

Tune them out and leave them plugged in. Your hands will thank you for it
          I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Tips on where to find the best tuning solution for that?

Comment

Any tuner would be able to do it for you but they may make you buy a tune and do the EGTs tuned out for an extra fee. You are way up north so most would want you to send the ECU. Do you have a spare ECU? You could do it yourself if you want to learn a bit off of Nefmoto and the S4 tuning wiki. You could use the delete plugs or just use a resistor to do essentially the same thing. A 2.2K Ohm 1/2 watt resistor should work for most EGTs.
              Last edited by bobkatkat; 12-17-2015, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X