Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BMW M3 (E30) film. Everything about the first BMW M3 generation

Ahhhhh the good old days.

With the BMW M3 E30 we start our five part series about the best-selling model of BMW M. The BMW M3 of the first generation is a legend. It influenced all following M3 generations. See BMW insiders give a look behind the scenes of the development of this powerful sports car. Besides the series model the limited edition “BMW M3 Sport Evolution” promises even more power. Moreover the BMW M3 was the most successful Touringcar ever.

Will update this with parts 2-5

-E
    sigpic
    Instagram: @ed_kisov

BMW 435i xDrive ///M Performance
    ex MK6 Golf R RB
    ex MK6 GTI CSG
    ex MK4 Jetta 1.8T
    ex MK3 Jetta CL

Re: The BMW M3 (E30) film. Everything about the first BMW M3 generation

Love the lines of these cars. All the b5 rs4 talk makes me want a e30 m3 as well.

Comment

I refuse to watch it - too depressing.

Comment

I must be the only one to think that e30's are so ugly lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
          I must be the only one to think that e30's are so ugly lol.
          Yep...you ARE the only one!!
          Awesome find Eddy.
          Most clean E30 are beautiful. And those M3 evos.....yum!!!!
          ~Tracy~
          MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
          Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

These cars are just magnificent. They may not be the most powerful, but they are made to be fun. With a 50/50 weight ratio, they hug the road and really let you feel the driving experience (and this is only speaking from the perspective of a 325i which has a 53/47 weight ratio, can only imagine how an M3 feels). The one thing I really love about these cars which unfortunately died in the early 90's is the boxed fenders. When you wanted to put some wider wheels and tires, you could do it without the car looking retarded.

3 of the best cars of the early 90's for this reason: The MK2 Golf Rallye, the E30 M3 and the Lancia Delta Integrale!

If I ever hit the lotto, I'll have one of each in my garage!
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

So depressing.
              This thread made me go online last night and start looking for one again.

I'm not posting this photo just to show how nice mine was, I'm posting it so you can see the idiot that sold it - me.

Le sighhhhh

Edit: I just realized that I sold that car, yet I'm still wearing those shoes. My cost savings measures are all out of whack.
              Last edited by e30mclow; 12-22-2015, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Looks like a nice ride. Im sure i read somewhere but why did you sell it? What are the prices these days?

Comment

Prices vary greatly, but go anywhere from 25K (Steal of a deal if its decently clean) all the way into 6 figures. Engine-less shells are fetching 5 figures if they are not rusted to crap.
                  Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                    The one thing I really love about these cars which unfortunately died in the early 90's is the boxed fenders. When you wanted to put some wider wheels and tires, you could do it without the car looking retarded.
                    Audi brought back the back the boxed fenders for the C6 RS6. It is a body line style that timeless IMHO.

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
                    So depressing.
                    This thread made me go online last night and start looking for one again.

I'm not posting this photo just to show how nice mine was, I'm posting it so you can see the idiot that sold it - me.

Le sighhhhh

One of the nicest M3s I have seen. You should post up that video you showed me of it ripping near your parents farm. Sick sound.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                      Looks like a nice ride. Im sure i read somewhere but why did you sell it? What are the prices these days?
                      I sold it in 2011 after restoring it from a hollow shell.

The reason for selling - I decided to invest in some stock but the timing was tight, so the car needed to go asap.

Sold for E12,500 I think is was.

Sadly it was crashed within 100km of when I sold it. It is now repaired and living in England.

There is another one local that I'd like to snap up, but it needs work, and I no longer have the facilities to do the work myself.

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
                        Audi brought back the back the boxed fenders for the C6 RS6. It is a body line style that timeless IMHO.
                        Interesting, I never knew that. Agreed on the timeless style though!

I decided to invest in some stock but the timing was tight, so the car needed to go asap.

Sold for E12,500 I think is was.
                        The question now is, was the stock worth buying, or would you have made more if you held on to the M3 and sold it now?
                        Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Hmmm.

I've doubled on the investment to date, so it was a quicker return than the car, but you can't drift a cheque.

Comment

Hmmm.

I've doubled on the investment to date, so it was a quicker return than the car, but you can't drift a cheque.
                            Very true and at the time I'm sure it made sense.
                            Did the M3 go to the states?
                            sigpic

ex MK6 Golf R RB
                            ex MK6 GTI CSG
                            ex MK4 Jetta 1.8T
                            ex MK3 Jetta CL

Comment

Video part 2 of 5 has been released by BMW and it looks like they're focusing on all models of the M3 series as in this video the E36 is featured.
                              Not going to create a new thread despite the thread title and keep things tidy in this one thread related to the M3.

Looks like the E36 M3 in comparison to the E30 has gained more comfort features, power, and was offered without a roof! Enjoy.

-E
                              sigpic

ex MK6 Golf R RB
                              ex MK6 GTI CSG
                              ex MK4 Jetta 1.8T
                              ex MK3 Jetta CL

Comment

Working...
                              X