2.7t egt diy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.7t egt diy

I've been trolling the Internets to see what I can do about my faulty EGT sensors. Consensus is it's the modules, not the probes. I have found various posts about swapping in new boards, however all the sources are a few years old and there aren't any of these replacement boards in stock. (Yes, I checked with the local EuroDrivers member, but he doesn't have any assemblies in stock either.)

It goes without saying that I'm not going to order new ones from ECS (too expensive, and where's the fun in buying off-the-shelf?)

So audis4parts has what I need http://audis4parts.com/audi-s4-b5-us...-sensor-right/.

I plan to take these units apart, re-solder and re-goo the boxes, and install. To make life easier, I was thinking of cutting the wire to the probe and using a connector to splice the old probe (in place) to the new box. That way I don't have to try and get the probes out; they can stay in place.

Has anyone attempted this? Any idea what the best type of connector would be for the job? I'm hoping to order or pick up what I probably need ahead of time instead of hacking into it blind.

Thanks.
    2002 Audi allroad 6-speed MT
    Unitronic stage 1, Arnott coil-overs (d-bagged?)

Re: 2.7t egt diy

Didn't Bob delve into this?
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Ya here is the DIY http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...n-Visor!/page2.

You don't have to take out the probes to do the board replacement or the re-solder attempt. Just do it in the car. It is most likely going to be the two connections coming from the thermocoupler that need to be reheated but doesn't hurt to check the three connections going to the ECU. You do not have to remove all the snot just enough to get at the connections.
      Last edited by bobkatkat; 12-24-2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

yay
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
        Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

That's grand, I've seen the DIY a bunch of times, it's a perfect example of what a DIY should be: clear, funny, and with great pictures! I'm going to try my luck with the resolder, just as soon as I can get into a garage. It's -35 here today. Merry Christmas!
          2002 Audi allroad 6-speed MT
          Unitronic stage 1, Arnott coil-overs (d-bagged?)

Comment

Working...
          X