car broke down today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car broke down today...

So I was driving downtown today and while waiting for a light, the idle started to get really rough and then the car died. Tried re-starting it a few times and every time i did, it would turn on, idle for a second and then die. I went under the hood to see if anything was loose/disconnected etc and everything looked ok. I tried restarting the car after waiting a few minutes and it started up fine, idled fine and drove home fine. Any idea what could have happened?

A few weeks ago I was getting some really bad idling so I took the car the George. The vacuum hose you can see in this photo https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NpUSLl0Qiyc/maxresdefault.jpg that starts right above the. in the .com had a crack in it. George taped it up and said he would order one for me. I looked today when trying to figure out what was wrong and it seemed to still be intact but the tape was going in the back. Could this be the culprit?
    sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
    His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
    Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
    Past:
    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
    2004 .:R32 BMP
    2001.5 Noggy blue s4
    2000 VW GTI 1.8T
    1997 VW Jetta VR6

Re: car broke down today...

Originally posted by asp gti View Post
    So I was driving downtown today and while waiting for a light, the idle started to get really rough and then the car died. Tried re-starting it a few times and every time i did, it would turn on, idle for a second and then die. I went under the hood to see if anything was loose/disconnected etc and everything looked ok. I tried restarting the car after waiting a few minutes and it started up fine, idled fine and drove home fine. Any idea what could have happened?

A few weeks ago I was getting some really bad idling so I took the car the George. The vacuum hose you can see in this photo https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NpUSLl0Qiyc/maxresdefault.jpg that starts right above the. in the .com had a crack in it. George taped it up and said he would order one for me. I looked today when trying to figure out what was wrong and it seemed to still be intact but the tape was going in the back. Could this be the culprit?

Sounds like what happened to my Q5 when the shop forgot to secure one of my vac hoses.
    I'd like to make a statment!
    2012 Q5
    2011 A5

Comment

Coilpacks dying? Fuel pump dying?
      Current Fleet
      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
      2001 Cobra #88/3786
      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

I was thinking fuel pump. Could be tons of things though. Mine went on my mk5 gti, do you have a cam follower on your car.

Comment

Happened to me once I was in rush so I just took my GF's car, then it never happened again. Was good for 4 months.
          Dylan

Comment

Have you found solution to the problem?

Comment

Working...
            X