Cam Alignment 2.8l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Alignment 2.8l

Hey guys got a question on this cam that sprung back when I took it off to do the seals.
    Im trying to put it back in position counter clockwise and It just springs back and won't stay.
    I've got the crankshaft locking pin up in there if it has any relations but let me know what you guys would do in this case to move forward with the timing belt installation.
    Last edited by suave; 02-28-2016, 01:41 PM.

Re: Cam Alignment 2.8l

take the crank pin out, back the pistons off 90 degrees. Take the cam bar, stick it in the cam thats being pushed back by the spring tension, and lock the cams then set your crank back.
    Ive never had the cam spring like that though, you're sure you're not 180 out? If you dont have the tool, pop the valve cover off and verify your lobe position on cyl1 and you can use the marks for the vvt to get an idea of where you should be. Id highly suggest using the tool though, takes the guess work out of it

Comment

Originally posted by RobertPlant View Post
      take the crank pin out, back the pistons off 90 degrees. Take the cam bar, stick it in the cam thats being pushed back by the spring tension, and lock the cams then set your crank back.
      Ive never had the cam spring like that though, you're sure you're not 180 out? If you dont have the tool, pop the valve cover off and verify your lobe position on cyl1 and you can use the marks for the vvt to get an idea of where you should be. Id highly suggest using the tool though, takes the guess work out of it
      Ouff, might be 180 not sure exactly, might get someone to look at it that sounds pretty complex, don't really want to make some wrong moves at this point. What tool are you talking about?

Comment

any write ups on this?

Comment

Working...
        X