Audi Q2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Q2

After a ridiculous amount of teasers, the Audi Q2 has officially been revealed on the dawn of the 86th Geneva Motor Show.

The new kid on the block in Audi’s “Q” family of crossovers looks slightly different than its larger brothers and it’s not just because it has a smaller footprint. The C-pillars have received special treatment as Audi’s designers have decided to paint these in offset colors to create a contrast which the company says it enhances the Q2’s sportiness.

The model uses the latest interpretation of the corporate singleframe front grille featuring an octagonal layout while the front bumper hosts a pair of large air inlets. The side of the baby crossover shows a high shoulder line and plastic body cladding around the wheel arches while the slightly sloped roofline creates a sportier profile compared to other crossovers.

The back of the Q2 continues the sporty theme with a prominent roof-mounted spoiler and a new design for the LED taillights that give the crossover a youthful look. Being a crossover, it still has underbody front and rear protection, but it’s unlikely the Q2 will ever leave the tarmac. Even Audi describes the model as being an “urban-type vehicle”, so it’s not really created to tackle the off road.

The Audi Q2 will be available exclusively with a five-door, five-seat layout and will have the following dimensions: 13.7 feet (4.19 meters) long, 5.9 feet (1.79 meters) wide, 5 feet (1.51 meters) tall, and with a wheelbase that spans at 8.5 feet (2.6 meters.) Cargo capacity with the rear seats in place stands at a respectable 14.3 cubic feet (405 liters) and is expanded to 37.1 cu. ft. (1,050 liters) once you fold down the three-way split rear bench.

Stepping inside, Audi’s smallest Q model adopts a familiar cabin design and comes as standard with a MMI screen mounted high on the instrument panel. Upgrade to the MMI navigation plus with MMI touch and you also receive a touchpad which makes it easier for accessing the variety of functions available.

At an additional cost, the Q2 can receive a head-up display and the all-digital Audi Virtual Cockpit instrument cluster. On the safety front we find standard Audi pre sense, adaptive cruise control (with stop & go), traffic jam assist, lane departure warning, lane-keeping assistant, traffic sign recognition, and more.

As far as engines are concerned, the Audi Q2 will be available with a selection of six units. On the gasoline side we find the turbocharged three-cylinder 1.0 TFSI, followed by the larger 1.4- and 2.0-liter TFSI units. The diesel range encompasses the familiar 1.6 TDI and the beefier 2.0 TDI which will be offered in two states of tune. Output will vary from 116 horsepower (85 kilowatts) in the 1.0-liter to 190 hp (140 kW) in the 2.0-liter TFSI.

The engines will work with a standard six-speed manual gearbox, but an optional seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission will be offered for all units. Front-wheel drive is going to be standard on all engines, with the possibility of ordering a quattro setup for the top 2.0 TDI and the 2.0 TFSI at an additional cost. Go for the quattro-equipped models and the Q2 will benefit from four-link suspension while adaptive dampers will cost extra.

Audi will open the order books for the Q2 in the middle of the year and will launch the crossover in Europe this fall.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Audi Q2

I really like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

looks pretty useless as far as trunk space goes, hard to fit a hockey bag and anything else
      Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Cool, I like it.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Trying to capitalize on that massive Nissan Juke market LOL!
          2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
          2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
          2001 Audi A4 - RIP
          2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
          2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
          2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
          1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
          2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Originally posted by RSS View Post
            Trying to capitalize on that massive Nissan Juke market LOL!
            They sold 40,000 of those in this country last year...
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

it's an A3 CUV. I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                They sold 40,000 of those in this country last year...
                Looking at the 40K still sitting on the lots here I think they sold about 4 in Canada.
                2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
                2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
                2001 Audi A4 - RIP
                2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
                2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
                2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
                1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
                2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                  it's an A3 CUV. I like it!
                  I'd say the Q3 is more of an A3 CUV than this is.

Anyone else find that the shape of the lights and some of the lines make this look really similar to the A Class?
                  Scott
                  '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                  '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I think it looks great and I do like the size, probably more of an A1 CUV, but I am well used to the functions of a small car, but NA is still all about size

I would be very surprised if this makes it across the pond.
                    Blair

Comment

Blair

Comment

So let me get this straight. They are killing off the A3 hatchback in North America because it apparently doesn't sell. But jack up the ride height and make it bulbous and .. profit? I do not understand the SUV market.
                        ///M Power E39 M5

Comment

Originally posted by stefan_ View Post
                          So let me get this straight. They are killing off the A3 hatchback in North America because it apparently doesn't sell. But jack up the ride height and make it bulbous and .. profit? I do not understand the SUV market.
                          honestly i would probably pick this over an a3 hatch. people love their suv's here.
                          Last edited by Danaldson; 03-02-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Comparison dimensions that I can track down

Audi Q2 4.19m long 1.79m wide 1.51m height 2.6m wheelbase
                            Audi Q3 4.39m long 1.83m wide 1.61m height 2.6m wheelbase
                            Audi A3 4.31m long 1.79m wide 1.43m height 2.64m wheelbase (Sportback)
                            Blair

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                              Comparison dimensions that I can track down

Audi Q2 4.19m long 1.79m wide 1.51m height 2.6m wheelbase
                              Audi A3 4.31m long 1.79m wide 1.43m height 2.64m wheelbase (Sportback)
                              I stand by my A3 SUV

Comment

Working...
                              X