Audi SQ7 TDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi SQ7 TDI

Audi has officially taken the wraps off the SQ7 TDI which is set to become the most powerful diesel SUV in the world on the market.

Its heart and soul is a newly developed 4.0 TDI V8 engine equipped with an electric powered compressor (EPC) which makes its debut on a production car. Engineered from the ground up, the new turbodiesel develops 435 horsepower (320 kilowatts) and 663.8 pound-feet (900 newton meters) of torque from an amazing 1,000 rpm. It helps propel the SQ7 TDI to 62 mph (100 kph) in as little as 4.8 seconds before topping out at an electronically-limited 155 mph (250 kph.)

Aside from making the Q7 a lot quicker, the new 4.0 TDI V8 remains economical as Audi says it has the fuel consumption comparable to a six-cylinder engine. The hot diesel SUV will return 31.8 miles per gallon (7.4 liters / 100 km) and will have corresponding CO2 emissions of 312.2 g/mi (194 g/km.)

The EPC was implemented to support the eight-cylinder turbodiesel engine when starting off and during low rpms to eliminate the dreaded turbo lag. As a matter of fact, Audi says that with the newly implemented technology, “turbo lag is history.” The EPC is driven by an electric motor and
    has a compressor wheel which spins at up to 70,000 rpm which enables the V8 generate the power “with no perceptible lag.”

The EPC has a maximum power of 7 kW provided by a 48-volt electrical subsystem that includes a 48-volt lithium-ion battery located beneath the trunk. The battery has a nominal energy content of 470 watt-hours and a peak output of up to 13 kilowatts while a DC/DC converter connects the 48-volt and 12-volt electrical systems.

Audi’s engineers had to redesign the eight-speed tiptronic transmission for the new model and they promise it will change gears faster and more efficient. The V8 TDI’s output will be channeled to a quattro permanent all-wheel drive system working together with a self-locking central differential. The SQ7 TDI will ride on 20-inch alloy wheels shod in 285/45 tires, but at an additional cost buyers will be able to go for up to 22-inch rims.

The model will be optionally available with a driving dynamics package consisting of a sport differential, electromechanical active roll stabilization, and all-wheel steering. LED headlights will be standard, but Audi will also sell the SQ7 TDI with matrix LED headlights providing superior illumination.

Aside from being the most powerful SUV in the world, the new SQ7 TDI is also the lightest model in its segment and has a drag coefficient of 0.34. Customers will be able to order the model with either a five- or seven-seat layout and just about the same array of goodies as a regular Q7.

Audi mentions it will open the order books for European customers this spring and the model will carry a starting price in Germany of €89,900.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Audi SQ7 TDI

The concept is great, I just hope the execution is solid with little to no hiccups with it being a new model.....I really like the look of it and wow, the power and fuel economy are impressive!
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Love this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man this is nice! So much new tech in that engine! Sequential turbos with electric turbo. And the AVS system!!!

"It’s augmented by Audi valvelift system (AVS), making its first appearance in an Audi diesel. Each inlet and exhaust camshaft has two cam countours for each valve – one profile works with the electric compressor and first turbocharger at low engine speeds, switching to the other to bring the second turbo on-stream as load and engine speeds increase."

Comment

This looks good hunkered down with the black optics! I'm assuming V8TT FSI for NA since SQ5 didn't get the V6 TDI...

Comment

i want
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Badly

Comment

Last edited by bart; 03-03-2016, 11:26 AM.
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

YEEEEESSSSSSS!!! Please. I'll take one in blue or white...
                    Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Originally posted by Circuits View Post
                      YEEEEESSSSSSS!!! Please. I'll take one in blue or white...
                      you can have TWO! white cars.. are you crazy!!!!

Current
                      02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
                      04 GLI low and slow OG
                      Past
                      02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
                      00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by gheron View Post
                        .... are you crazy!!!!
                        ...probably....
                        Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

drool.....

Just as I am looking at seven seaters as well.....

Although I sat in the Q7 at the auto show at it was a little small compared to the durango. Lets be honest though, with that diesel engine I would just tell the kids to suck it up.
                          Ben
                          2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                          2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                          2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                          Her's
                          2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin View Post

Lets be honest though, with that diesel engine I would just tell the kids to suck it up.
                            lol. yup!
                            Stefan
                            -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                            -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

So much want!

Comment

Working...
                              X