Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting Euro Plate without drilling holes

Hello Everyone,

Just a question here and looking to see what everyone else is doing in fitting their euro plates... I understand the bracket is the best idea but i am reluctant to drill holes in my freshly painted bumper...

I am also looking at it from the safety aspect... i dont want this thing to fly off.... I heard some folks are using 3M Double sided molding tape to mount it

Looking for some thoughts and opinions...

Garage --- full at the moment.

Re: Mounting Euro Plate without drilling holes

I have seen really strong magnets used before. Epoxied to the back of the plate on all corners then the opposite polarity on the back side of the bumper. Will depend on bumper thickness and magnet strength of course.
    2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
    2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
    2001 Audi A4 - RIP
    2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
    2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
    2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
    1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
    2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Mine is held on with the heavy duty velcro. I don't see why trim tape wouldn't work. With a clean surface to stick to, that stuff is great. No different than what hold OEM trim on in many cases. Just make sure you use something good to clean any road grime off the car.
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
        Mine is held on with the heavy duty velcro. I don't see why trim tape wouldn't work. With a clean surface to stick to, that stuff is great. No different than what hold OEM trim on in many cases. Just make sure you use something good to clean any road grime off the car.
        Thats exactly what i was thinking... de-grease the plate/bumper and mount it. I appreciate it!

Comment

I suppose it's worth mentioning that mine is in a plate holder, so the adhesive is on plastic, not the metal plate. It shouldn't really matter though. That 3M trim tape is pretty awesome, in my experience.
          Stefan
          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I used 3 of those wall mounting sticky tabs. Kept it on all winter and through many car washes/road trips!
            If you put them in the right spot you can simply peel the tabs out and there isn't a mark left behind.

Comment

I used velcro tape on mine and it held very well. Had to redo the velcro every summer because winter wore it out with all the snow and cold weather but it held really well.
              2016 VW GTI (Stock)
              2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
              1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
              2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
                X