Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all the B5 S4 talk, now is probably a good time to reach out for help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the B5 S4 talk, now is probably a good time to reach out for help.

I've recently acquired a 2000 S4 Avant. The car is in great shape except for one little issue with an EGT sensor that has turned into a car that I haven't been able to start for 3 weeks.

I'll spare you all the details but my issue is I can't communicate with the cluster or the ECU with Vag Com since trying to resolder the sensor and forgetting to connect a ground wire. Not sure how that affected my ECU but it seems like i'm having an immobilizer issue. The car starts but immediately shuts off. The immobilizer light comes on and goes out like its supposed to so its not acting like there is an issue. (Not flashing) Just another thing that doesn't make sense.

I've picked up a cluster from a non immobilizer A6 that I hooked up and I was able to access it with the Vag Com but still not able to access the ECU.

I'm now thinking I've got an ECU issue which is the reason for the post.

I'm looking for someone who has an A-Box ECU from an early 2000 S4 with the Bosch MAF. I want to see if I can access it with the Vag Com so I can determine if the problem is with my ECU.

I have a Euro ECU (D-Box) but the only difference is I've got 2 fewer O2 Sensors (but more HP and TQ!!)

Can anyone help me out? Or does anyone have the ability to flash my ECU to remove the Immobilizer check?

Thanks.
    Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
    2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
    2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
    2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
    2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
    2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Re: With all the B5 S4 talk, now is probably a good time to reach out for help.

Somewhat sounds like ecu to me

I can delete immo if it is me7
    if its MED9 I can as well but I need ecu
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

If you pull the ECU we can hook it up to our bench tool and attempt to scan it. That will eliminate all other issues and directly tell if it is the ECU or not.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
        Somewhat sounds like ecu to me

I can delete immo if it is me7
        if its MED9 I can as well but I need ecu
        Thanks Natty, I'm pretty sure its the ME7.

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
        If you pull the ECU we can hook it up to our bench tool and attempt to scan it. That will eliminate all other issues and directly tell if it is the ECU or not.
        That's one of the strange things that's going on. I had Bob Kat hook it up to his bench tool and he was able to scan it. One of the codes was a "non start due to immobilizer". I cannot read it though when it is hooked up to the car. I was able to before. Same with the cluster.

My thoughts are to disable the immobilizer to eliminate that possibility.
        Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
        2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
        2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
        2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
        2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
        2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

Working...
        X