Official Audi RS3 Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Audi RS3 Sedan

It’s finally official – the highly-anticipated Audi RS3 Sedan is making its world premiere in Paris, at the local auto exhibition. What we knew from a dealer conference from earlier this year is now confirmed by the arrival of the most powerful model in the A3 model series in the French capital.

Let’s start with the good news. It’s powered by Audi’s latest 2.5-liter turbocharged five-cylinder engine, which debuted in the TT RS. It’s actually the most-powerful five-cylinder unit on the market currently with whopping 400 horsepower (294 kilowatts) – 33 hp (24.6 kW) more than its predecessor. Peak torque stands at 354 pound-feet (480 Newton meters), available at engine speeds between 1,700 and 5,850 rpm.

Audi’s new pocket rocket will hit 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in phenomenal 4.1 seconds, before reaching an electronically-limited 155 mph (250 kph). On request the automaker will increase the top speed to 174 mph (280 kph).

So far, so good. As one would expect from an RS product, the power is channeled to all four wheels through a seven-speed, dual-clutch automatic gearbox and the company’s Quattro all-wheel drive system. The AWD management is integrated as a standard feature in the drive select dynamic handling system, as are the steering, gearbox, engine management, and the adjustable exhaust flaps. The driver can individually vary the operation of these components between three modes - Comfort, Auto, and Dynamic.

Improved handling is guaranteed thanks to the four-link rear axle and one inch (25 millimeters) lower suspension compared to the standard model. Stopping power is provided by front brake disks with a diameter of 14.6 inches (370 mm) and eight-piston calipers with large-area linings. The standard 19-inch wheels are also hiding brake disks with a diameter of 12.2 inches (310 mm). Alternatively, Audi supplies carbon-fiber ceramic disks in front.

A high-performance sedan definitely needs a proper aerodynamic kit, and Audi has prepared a pretty extensive list of improvements for the design. It includes new bumpers with skirt for the front and a massive diffuser for the rear, larger air intakes, side skirts, and large oval tailpipes. Two RS-specific colors will be available - Nardo gray and Catalunya red (pictured).

What's the bad news? Audi says it will launch the model in the United States and China from summer 2017 under the Audi Sport label - nearly a year from now. No information regarding the European market is currently available.

Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 09-29-2016, 07:47 AM.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Official Audi RS3 Sedan

Vid

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Absolutely beautiful. The future of RS looks amazing.

Comment

The dash vents are offensive, but the rest of the car looks pretty nice!
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
          The dash vents are offensive, but the rest of the car looks pretty nice!
          I was thinking the same thing lol. car looks great but circle vents is what I hated about our tiguan too.
          2016 VW GTI (Stock)
          2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
          1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
          2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

Look like the interior got some styling cues from the TT, Looks great!

Comment

I might be the only one that thinks this, but I'm actually a little underwhelmed with how it looks. It's certainly a great looking car, but I was expecting more in terms of "specialness". And disappointed that it doesn't have widened fenders!
              2008 Audi RS4
              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                I might be the only one that thinks this, but I'm actually a little underwhelmed with how it looks. It's certainly a great looking car, but I was expecting more in terms of "specialness". And disappointed that it doesn't have widened fenders!

Agree with Chris on this one. If it looked more like the Clubsport model they had last year (huge widened fenders etc) and a manual transmission, I would try everything in my power to buy one!
                Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

ahh u guys want this instead :-P
                  http://jalopnik.com/here-are-even-mo...civ-1787237311
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I was going to comment about the lack of the widebody as well. It looks great, but it could have looked even better
                    sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                    His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                    Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                    Past:
                    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                    2004 .:R32 BMP
                    2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                    2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                    1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Disappointed but not surprised. Nardo grey will sell some units though.
                      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

very much lacking specialness other than that new 2.5T.

Comment

RS badge looks out of place on a narrow body
                          Last edited by T-Dubbs; 09-29-2016, 02:38 PM.
                          ~~TODD~~
                          '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                            Agree with Chris on this one. If it looked more like the Clubsport model they had last year (huge widened fenders etc) and a manual transmission, I would try everything in my power to buy one!
                            ^^^ This!

Or in other words... can we drive this one on the street?

Last edited by Deuce; 09-29-2016, 04:26 PM.
                            Rob
                            Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                            Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

HOLY TITS!
                              That's what they should have made!!!
                              ~~TODD~~
                              '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Working...
                              X