Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allroad leaking gas after just sitting there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allroad leaking gas after just sitting there?

Anyone have any insight here? was away for a week.. come back and the car starts pissing gas from around the fuel filter

i checked it and it doesn't seem to be leaking from the filter itself seems to be up around the lines??? did a mouse chew something or something just decided to break?

could the tank be leaking somehow??

Re: Allroad leaking gas after just sitting there?

Maybe this?
    More than 68,000 all-wheel-drive 2001-2004 Audi A6 Quattro vehicles equipped with 2.7L, 2.8L, or 3.0L engines and 2001-2005 Audi Allroad Quattro vehicles equipped with 2.7L or 4.2L engines are being recalled due to a fault in the gas tank.
    In particular, the aging of the plastic material in the fuel tank rollover valve combined with bending stress from the aluminium ventilation line to the rollover valve nipple may lead to cracking of the nipple leading to a fuel leak. The recall is expected to begin on or before May 30, 2008 with Audi dealers either reinforcing the nipple on the rollover valve or repairing the cracking at the nipple.

http://www.audiforums.com/forum/allr...-valve-103312/
    Last edited by witchcraftz; 10-03-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

got under the car after work tonight and tried not to get too high .. filter isn't leaking.. its something above and hard to really tell without getting soaked in gas.. getting into an indy shop tomorrow to hopefully see what the hell is wrong otherwise i'll put my order in for the rs3..

Comment

Originally posted by R_Ethug View Post
        got under the car after work tonight and tried not to get too high .. filter isn't leaking.. its something above and hard to really tell without getting soaked in gas.. getting into an indy shop tomorrow to hopefully see what the hell is wrong otherwise i'll put my order in for the rs3..
        Either way put in the order.
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
          Either way put in the order.
          Seconded. We have a motion.
          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

so the shop found it so i wouldn't have to drink gas but the damn fuel filter had a crack on the top! anyone see that one before? easy fix at least.

Comment

I still say your Allroad has proven itself incontinent and needs to be replaced.
              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

you guys did that filter colin just sayin...

its almost at 200k now and knock on wood 0 issues at all.. but i drive like a pussy

Comment

Working...
                X