Audi S4 B8 X-pipe mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi S4 B8 X-pipe mod

Wondering if anyone in the group has done the X-pipe mod. If so how much did it change the sound from stock and can anyone recommend a shop in Calgary that they would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Audi S4 B8 X-pipe mod

I did this mod and like it alot. The noise is moderately louder at idle and normal speeds, and when WOT it screams pretty good. I have DSG and it doesn't drone much for the speeds I cruise at. Pipe was $150 from magnaflow and install was $150 at a muffler shop. The install is not very hard at all as all the pipes line up, they cut one and weld in another.

Unfortunately I'm not local so I can't give you a demo. From what people say, a full exhaust is not a massive horsepower gain on these cars, so save your cash and get a similar sound from this mod instead.
    Simon

Comment

http://www.performance-world.com/X-Pipes-s/1987.htm is an option.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Audi S4 B8 X-pipe mod

Thanks for the info. On a recommendation from another forum member I was told to go see Ravi @ Minute Muffler and I am glad I went to see him. I went in to inquire about the X-pipe and an older gentleman was in just before me with an S4 with AWE Touring exhaust that he hated because it was to loud and he wanted to go back to stock. They gave me his number and after talking he just wanted for me to pay for the swap of both systems. So $440 later he leaves with my factory system and I now have his AWE exhaust. Swap happened today so I can not wait to get home as I'm currently at work in Fort Mac so I can hear it. Thanks all for the info and the recommendation of Minute Muffler that put me at the right place at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Eurospd1.8T; 06-09-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Wow great deal for you. Nice
          Simon

Comment

Working...
          X