Test Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Drive

So, I had 30 minutes in the new 335i coupe today. To date, that has set a new high in balanced performance with plain drivability. My new favorite car.

Unfortunately, I could only drive one with the Automatic tranny. Other than that, the car has gobs of power, even low rpms are good and I could NOT hear or feel any turbo lag. The power delivery is more linear than what I expected and have driven (Volvo v50, Audi A3 2.0t). The car is also, really really fast.

The best $60,000 I could see myself spending on a car.

As soon as I see the car in the flesh as a 4-door, I'm buying one.
    Last edited by seanfournier; 09-16-2006, 11:43 PM.

Re: Test Drive

turbo huh??? i had to look it up, i didnt believe it! 300hp, not bad
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

thats how my s4 was stock too.. so much power anywhere and so smooth.. just 50hp shy i spose.

oh here are some specs on the 335 turbos vs 2.7ts in audis.. the engine bay is so tight apprantly you can't get bigger ones in so maybe these cars will only see chips until somebody works some magic..

BMW Compressor Wheel: 39 mm
      K03 Compressor Wheel: 45 mm
      K04 Compressor Wheel: 51 mm
      Last edited by R_Ethug; 09-17-2006, 11:40 AM.

Comment

1st chips are running at over 350 - we'll see 400 hp on these cars within a few months. Poor M3 owners. No LSD though.

Khyron
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Yeah they seem to be the car of the moment and the pricing is actually better than I expected too!!

The only problem is within 3 months there will be a new E92 coupe every where you look!
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
          X