2000 audi TT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 audi TT?

What are your guys thoughts on these cars? I like them but dont know a heck of alot about them? Looking into one with awd 96km and the 1.8t engine. How do they compare to my 02 gti? For sure wouldent want to get into anything slower.

Thanks for the help once again.
    sigpic

Re: 2000 audi TT?

Well a 2000 would have 180hp in the 1.8T so even with your GTI, but due to weight and Quattro probably slower. The TTs to get are the 225hp 1.8Ts as they have a lot of beefed up parts over regular TTs, but will be more money.

I love TTs (my Dad has had 2) and would love to have a used one someday and maybe with the MK2 coming out soon the prices on these may drop a bit.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Oh thats good to know. I think there cool looking. But im too attached to my gti. Thanks for the info.
      sigpic

Comment

TTs are rad but just a bit tiny in the 'useful' dept. but i'd get a 225.. the stock 225 i drove back in the spring when i bought my S4 was as fast as my modded jetta was so it was fun.. exhuast was nice on the 225 also.. they are just hard to come by it seems.. the 180HP i wouldn't bother with.. the nice part about them is they are on the Mk4 platform so if you know alot about your GTI you'll know alot about the TT right out of the box..

Comment

tt's are nice, i never really paid attention to them but i was just looking at the prices, and they are pretty much in the same price range as 2001 ish S4's. i think for the money id rather buy an S4.
          Justin

Comment

I might be way off but I think I heard somthing about the earlier model TT's being crazy dangerous for some reason. I think it was on a top gear episode where they compaired the TT to a 350Z and somthing else...

plus if you really want a TT wait a year or two and get the next gen model... I seems to be much improved
            Last edited by Coker Rat; 10-17-2006, 08:17 PM.
            Dylan
            (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

the rear spoiler.. its a recall item i beleive and they put it on..

Comment

Working...
              X