Ignition troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition troubles

In my 86 4000S I Have No SPARK!!!!, and havent moved or removed the distributor. and I have nothing. any one have any Ideas??

Re: Ignition troubles

Check spark coming from the coil, if you don't have it check to see that you are getting power to the coil. if you are you may have a hall effect problem in your distributor. with key on check with an led test light that you have power to the harness of the distibutor hall sensor. It may be on pin 1 or 3 of the harness. Then check for ground on the same harness. if you do then check for a signal from the hall sensor. Probe the led test light into the center pin with the harness plugged into the distributor. crank the engine and the led test light should flash if the hall sensor is o.k. if you don't use a led test light you may harm the electronics of the car. i.e. control unit and or any solid state components.

good luck
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Comment

Working...
    X