Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamborghini Help

Ok...I dont know how to quite say this.
    My bro in law has a Lamborghini Murcielago. (Dont laugh)The battery is dead. We have tried to jump it with booster cables but no joy. Does anyone know of a contact/mechanic in Calgary that deals with Super cars that could address this problem..?

Any advice would be apprieciated.
    Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
    2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
    2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Re: Lamborghini Help

i assume flappy paddle gear box? if manual you can push start it.. won't look pretty but it'll work..

post pics of the car too

or just run to crappy tire and buy a new battery i'm not sure how big the lambo one is but i'm sure you could find one that works.. doesn't have to be gold plated either lol
    Last edited by R_Ethug; 05-06-2009, 09:12 PM.

Comment

if you push start it, post pics of that too!

did it do anything when you tried to boost it? I think with a lambo, I'd do what your doing. Give it an honest go, and then call someone. I'm all for tinkering, but that's a pricey toy!
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Well boosting should have at least made the motor spin while trying to start.

If it didn't do that, there may be some other issue like a bad starter/solenoid/wiring.

If the motor did spin, you may just need to have the cables on for a bit with the boosting vehicle running, so the dead battery can get charged up a bit - maybe 5 - 10 minutes before attempting starting.

ZR auto (?) probably services these cars.

good luck
        Last edited by Satnam; 05-06-2009, 10:07 PM.
        put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

This happened to my Porsche last winter too. I learned my lesson. Use a battery tender on cars like this. They are not built to sit, they drain the battery all the time.

Anyway, what I did was just all Porsche and they handled it for me no questions asked.

I would hope Lambo would do as well
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

lol I took some photos.

We wired it up to the truck (Running) and left it. All the lights on the Lambo came on. Motor did spin but did not start. We left it for a good 20-30mins but no joy.
            As for buying a battery. Its a standard 12v battery...its not that simple.....er...how do I put it. You have to take the left rear tyre off and some panels if you were to replace. We dont really want to fiddle with it (you gota see the engine bay)and the nearest Lambo dealer is Vancouver.
            I'l post some pics up in the next few days.
            The funniest thing is my bro in law is always poking fun at my VW GTI and my liking of Audis. At the point where you connect the + booster cable there is a plastic cover and it has a VW and Audi logo on it! HA!
            2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI

Comment

Engine
              Attached Files
              2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI

Comment

My Car, Lambo in garage, Escalade and Bently in background.
                Attached Files
                2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Wildfire View Post
                  My Car, Lambo in garage, Escalade and Bently in background.
                  Holy sh!t! Where do u live?! Your house looks pretty ballin', lambo, escalade and a bentley not badd

btw, thats a LP640 Murcielago right?

Comment

Did your bro-in-law get that car from Richview Fine Cars by any chance?
                    Rob

Brilliant Black 2000 S4

Comment

if that battery is really really dead, it'll act as a short and there won't be enough juice to start . sometimes they'll even change polarity . put a trickle charger on it over night and that will bring some life back into it .

also, most cars like that have a safety circuit on the voltage regulator . they'll need a minimum ammount of voltage and correct impedance to start . which means if your battery is a block of cheese, it will know and not start .

my suggestion is a volt meter on the battery to make sure it's 11+ volts . if not then try a over night trickle . if still not 11+ volts then get a new battery .

nice cars btw
                      D.J.
                      Turbo SVT Focus
                      Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

your bro i law is a baller yo!

Comment

If you cant figure out the problem, go talk to Al at AE Tuning. Its right beside Calgary Autoworks and he deals with all kinds of European exotics. Dont quite know the price cause i've never taken a lambo to him personally, but i've seen many ferrari's, maserati's and lambo's in his shop. He definately knows his business well. Hope you guys figure it out soon. that car is too beautiful to be sittin dead in the garage!!!
                          Last edited by P Arkus; 05-07-2009, 10:12 AM.
                          Patryk
                          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                          08 VW .:R32
                          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by Euro Dub PL View Post
                            If you cant figure out the problem, go talk to Al at AE Tuning. Its right beside Calgary Autoworks and he deals with all kinds of European exotics. Dont quite know the price cause i've never taken a lambo to him personally, but i've seen many ferrari's, maserati's and lambo's in his shop. He definately knows his business well. Hope you guys figure it out soon. that car is too beautiful to be sittin dead in the garage!!!
                            http://www.aetuning.ca/
                            ~Tracy~
                            MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                            Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Thanks for the info. Very much appreciated, I'l pass it on.

852Vr6, Yeah its the LP640 Murcielago. Has a designer interior leather or something. Cant remember.

Rob, Yeah he got it from Richview. You know them...?
                              2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI

Comment

Working...
                              X