Alfa Romeo 4C Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa Romeo 4C Concept

The Alfa Romeo 4C Concept has made its debut at the Geneva auto salon today.

The 4C Concept is a two-seat, rear-wheel drive sport coupe about 4 meters long and with a wheelbase just short of 2.4 meters. It features a mid-rear mounted 1.8 liter turbocharged power plant allowing for a 40/60 weight distribution (front axle/rear axle).

Much of the technology and materials of the 4C are inherited from the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. It features a lightweight chassis with carbon-fiber and aluminum body structures for a total curb weight of less than 850 kg (1874 lbs).

The 4C derives its name from the four-cylinder (4C) 1750 Turbo Multi-Air unit which, in this iteration, produces an output of 200 PS (147 kW / 197 bhp), the same configuration as on the Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde. The power plant is coupled to the new Alfa TCT automatic twin dry clutch gearbox, which debuted but a few months ago in the MiTo model. That combination allows for a 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) sprint time of under 5 seconds and a top speed of over 250 km/h (155 mph).

The 4C's suspension consists of a high quadrilateral configuration at the front and MacPherson struts at the rear.

Alfa Romeo will take the 4C to production soon and the model will go on sale in 2012.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Alfa Romeo 4C Concept

Solstice meets elise meets 1 series.

Sexy.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I have it as Alfa 8C meets Evora with a bit of Nissan Juke to make sure it is not too hot
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Love it, but can't help wonder how much room there is in this space.

Seems like more and more competitors in the small sports coupe space. But I think that it's a niche market? And it's already competitive with tighter profit margins due to lower priced offerings from even the likes of Porsche and Lotus.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Kinda ugly. Doesn't flow well IMO
          Levi.W
          78 BMW 635CSi - Project
          91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

A refreshed version coming for Frankfurt

Blair

Comment

Koenisegg-esge front window, meets evora.

Comment

Looks pretty hot. But again, looks aren't the problem with the Alfa's.
                --
                Rod
                Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

This is one of the smartest concept cars I have seen in a long time. I love the Alfa Romeo 4C Concept. I think this is going to be a hit in the automotive industry. I am positive this car has very exceptional alfa romeo car parts. Thanks for posting!

Comment

^^^
                    Ban Please
                    Jay

Comment

Working...
                    X