Lamborghini Urus Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamborghini Urus Concept

Lamborghini has officially unveiled the Urus concept, ahead of its debut at the Beijing Motor Show.

Named after the Aurochs bull - a large, wild ancestor of domestic cattle - the Urus is the spiritual successor of the LM002. It features aggressive styling with a prominent front fascia, a ventilated hood and LED headlights. There's also a tailgate-mounted spoiler, a rear diffuser and a four-tailpipe exhaust system. Other highlights include an adjustable suspension and 24-inch wheels with a matte aluminum finish.

The cabin is luxuriously equipped with leather upholstery, a programmable instrument cluster and exposed "forged composite" carbon fiber. There's also touchscreen infotainment systems for the front and rear passengers.

Power comes from an undisclosed engine that produces approximately 600 PS (440 kW / 592 hp). It is connected to a dual-clutch transmission and a permanent all-wheel drive system which enables the concept to have the lowest CO2 emissions of all comparable vehicles.

According to Lamborghini president Stephan Winkelmann, "The Urus is a very concrete idea for the future of Lamborghini - as a third model line and as the perfect complement to our super sports cars." He added, "The Urus is the most extreme interpretation of the SUV idea; it is the Lamborghini of the SUVs."

While the company declined to confirm the Urus would go into production, they hinted a crossover would "enormously" expand their customer base and would be targeted at buyers in China, Russia, the Middle East and the United States. Lamborghini also estimated that sales could hit 3,000 units annually.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Lamborghini Urus Concept

I'd rather have this.

Levi.W
    78 BMW 635CSi - Project
    91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

Hate it. Looks like some sort of hollywood movie car that Vin Diesel is going to drive through a wall. Or maybe the next batmobile.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

It sux that all the super car companies have had to resort to making SUV's. I have to give lambo credit tho because i think this is a decently looking SUV. Especially when compared to the Bentley SUV...that thing is hedious!
        It'll be interesting to c what the actual production car looks like
        '09 335i xdrive Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red |
        '12 B8 S4 | Phantom Black | Magma Red |

Comment

This is the first lambo I know of that I do not like.
          So ugly!

Comment

Lamborghini has officially announced plans to build a crossover.

Previewed by the Urus concept, the production model will be built in Sant’Agata Bolognese and primarily target consumers in China, Germany, Russia, the United States, the United Kingdom and the Middle East. If everything goes according to plan, the model will be launched in 2018 and the company will sell approximately 3,000 units annually.

In order to gear up for production, Audi, Lamborghini and Volkswagen will invest "hundreds of millions of Euros" to build new warehouses, a new production line and an expanded research and development center - among other things.

In a statement, Lamborghini President and CEO Stephan Winkelmann said “This is a proud moment for everybody in Lamborghini. The introduction of a third model line endorses the stable and sustainable growth of the company and signifies for us the beginning of a new era.” The executive went on to say "The new SUV will be made in Sant’Agata Bolognese, demonstrating our commitment to safeguarding the values of ‘Made in Italy’ worldwide."
            Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 06-01-2015, 04:55 AM.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

It's a really weird design. Might be ok but, the interior isn't great.

Comment

As much as I hate SUV's, I actually really like the exterior :o
                Chris

Comment

Working...
                X