Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Weather tires for Fiat 500 195/45r16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Weather tires for Fiat 500 195/45r16?

The fiat currently has Contipro contact tires, and I must say I am thoroughly unimpressed, they slip even in +10 weather and a bit of rain. When it hits around +1 or there's some snow or ice they have as good traction as summer tires.

Being in Vancouver we can get away with having all season tires as long as we don't go to the mountains, but honestly I'd prefer to get something a bit better. I had Nokian WR-G2 all weather tires before and those were spectacular in summer and winter.

However I've been hitting a wall when it comes to finding a similar tire for the Fiat in 195/45r16.

The closest I've found so far are some Yokohama W-Drive in 195/50/16.

Are there any All-Weather tires in 195/45r16? And available to Canada?
    Last edited by witchcraftz; 01-07-2013, 12:46 PM.

Re: All Weather tires for Fiat 500 195/45r16?

There are not many available tires in that size in NA, your only options I think for something close to all season is the Pirelli Cinturato P7 (some cars came with these as OEM) or maybe the Achilles ATR Sport. I had the Conti's as well but got a set of the Pirelli 210 Snowcontrol's for the winter, which were also not an easy thing to track down, at least not last winter.

I did check some UK sites for you and there are a lot more tires in that size available here but still nothing that would really be an all weather tire, pretty much summer or winter is the choice in that size.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Hmm, I was worried about that. Think I"ll have better luck finding anything in 205/45/16?

Comment

In the 195/45/16 - there is not to much. Could go with the achilles atr (which are mud and snow rated) I do also have the winter 210 available

205/45/16 falken ziex ze-912, general gmax, achilles atr

195/50/16 - continental dws

Vredestein Quatrac 3 is also very good but does not come in any of those sizes
        Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

That's a tough size, that's the tire size i run on my mk3. The only tires i could find were federal 595's and yokohama s-drives.
          Mitch

1996 Harlequin
          2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

I used to have some Falken Ziex 512 on my Civic, they were good but tread wear was poor. How's the 912?

Comment

here are a few reviews:

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Revie...en/Ziex+ZE-912
              Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Looks like they still suffer from quick tread wear. I'm leaning towards the General G-MAX AS-03. I know it's basically another Continental brand tire but the reviews seem to be positive for the most part.

Comment

I switched form the Continental Contipro contact tires to the General General G-MAX AS-03.

To anyone with a fiat I would recommend the switch from 195/45R16 to the 205/45R16

I thought that the extra weight of the tires might slow things down, but the car seems to actually accelerate better!

GMax are a big improvement in quietness, grip and ride quality. A much better tire.

Comment

Working...
                  X