Alfa Romeo 4C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa Romeo 4C

Alfa Romeo has released the first official photos with the production version of the 4C.

Featuring a carbon fiber monocoque chassis, the two-seater will have a curb weight of less than 1,000 kg (2,204 lbs). No technical details have been released with the exception of the power to weight ratio of less than 4 kg for every 1 hp. Power should come from a 1.8-liter turbocharged engine producing around 237 hp (177 kW), which means the 4C could have a curb weight of about 950 kg (2,094 lbs).

Thanks to this setup, the Alfa Romeo 4C will be able to run the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint in around 4.5 seconds, before hitting an electronically-limited top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h). It should be 4000 mm long, 2000 mm wide and 1180 mm tall, sporting a 2400 mm wheelbase.

In 2014 the Italian brand is set to launch Racing and road-legal Stradale variants that will offer 266 hp (198 kW). In addition, there will also be a convertible variant next year. All cars will be manufactured at Maserati's Modena plant, with production commencing this summer.

Pricing should begin from 56,000 EUR (about 76,400 USD or 49,000 GBP) and go all the way up to 64,000 EUR (approximately 87,300 USD or 55,500 GBP).

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Alfa Romeo 4C

So hot! Love it!!! Can you imagine what that car would do being that small and lightweight with a couple add ons? Jesus!
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Get rid of the LEDs in the headlights, they look like aftermarket brodozer headlights

Comment

Hey, a Lotus that's well-equipped!
        Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

I actually don't like the body styling, I know I'm the only one in the world who doesn't. I feel like there is no flow and a lot of the design elements are contradictory. I feel weirdly guilty for not liking it, but I don't.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
            I actually don't like the body styling, I know I'm the only one in the world who doesn't. I feel like there is no flow and a lot of the design elements are contradictory. I feel weirdly guilty for not liking it, but I don't.
            i agree with you 100%
            it looks very akward in my opinion. Mid engine small car, id take a cayman R or an exige anyday over this thing.
            Current:
            2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion DSG
            2013 VW Jetta 2.5
            Past:
            2005 VW JTI 1.8T
            1993 VW Jetta 2.0
            1996 VW GTI VR6

1991 Ford F150 4X4
            1989 Nissan Kingcab 2WD
            1983 Buick Skylark

Comment

Not a fan either!
              Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
              -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
              -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

i like . want
                sigpic

Comment

Some specs and a interior shot....

Scheduled to make its public debut in production form next week in Geneva, the Alfa Romeo 4C is powered by a new four-cylinder 1,750cc engine producing 240 HP (176 kW) linked to a TCT automatic twin dry-clutch transmission.

The car is less than four meters long and has a 2.4-meter wheelbase. It's 1.18 meters tall and 2 meters wide, featuring a carbon fiber monocoque. Since Alfa Romeo previously mentioned it will have a weight ratio of less than 4 kg for every HP, it means the 4C tips the scales at approximately 960 kg (2,116 lbs).

Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Looks like a Lotus Elise?

Comment

More pics

Something a bit distracting about this one

Blair

Comment

I'll take one in blonde white, please.
                        Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

The in person show shots look a lot better. I think its smaller than I thought, which goes a long way in fixing the styling.

Do the seats lean back? It looks like I wouldn't fit :(
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

weighs less than 850kg, finally a nicer brz
                            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

The problem is that I think if you drove the new model Cayman you would feel like the Alfa isn't in the same class.
                              KR
                              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                              X