Ferrari 458 Speciale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari 458 Speciale

Ferrari has announced a more hardcore version of the 458 Italia known as the Speciale, ahead of a public debut at next month's IAA.

Rumors indicated the Monte Carlo, Scuderia or Challenge Stradale monikers but in the end Ferrari decided to opt for the "Speciale" nameplate. The V8 4.5-liter has been reworked and now churns 605 HP (445 kW) at 9,000 rpm and 540 Nm (398 lb-ft) at 6,000 rpm. Ferrari says it's the company's most powerful naturally-aspirated V8 engine ever, managing to provide 135 HP (99 kW) per liter which is the highest figure achieved by a road-going naturally-aspirated power unit.

The Ferrari 458 Speciale has a dry weight of 1,290 kg (2,843 lbs) and can perform the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) run in just three seconds, while 0-124 mph (0-200 km/h) takes 9.1 seconds. The Speciale has managed to lap the Fiorano test track in 1 minute 23.5 seconds, making it 1.5s quicker than the 458 Italia.

Ferrari cooperated with Pininfarina for 458 Speciale's styling which is mostly the result of various aerodynamic tweaks. For example, it comes with front and rear moveable aerodynamic flaps that automatically adapt to reduce drag and balance downforce as necessary. It also comes with a Side Slip Angle Control (SSC) system that can analyze the car's slip angle, compare it to a target figure and then optimizes torque management through the traction control system and torque distribution between the two wheels.

The Ferrari 458 Speciale has been equipped with specially developed Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires which "boost performance" and provide "maximum available grip in the wet."

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Ferrari 458 Speciale

just goes to show you that a racing stripe can make any car ugly. healty engine though.
    you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

A very serious and quick ricer haha jk.
      Current Fleet
      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
      2001 Cobra #88/3786
      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

9k redline drool! i like the updated front end not sure about the fender slits but i'm sure they are meant to be there

Comment

These hot-sauce Ferraris are always spectacular... this is possibly my favourite looking one yet.

Only complaint is they need to brand their 'sport' version... Challenge Stradale, Scuderia, Speciale... PICK ONE! lol

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          i like the updated front end not sure about the fender slits but i'm sure they are meant to be there
          I'd wager radiator and/or brake ducting, and possibly aero.
          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

What's the retail on one of those?
            ~~TODD~~
            '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Interior looks terrible for a car of this caliber?
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                Interior looks terrible for a car of this caliber?
                Supposed to be a lightweight and stripped out look, and 458s have a very limited interior as the bulk of the controls are on the steering wheel and displays in the cluster.
                Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 08-21-2013, 01:47 AM.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                  Supposed to be a lightweight and stripped out look, and 458s have a very limited interior as the bulk of the controls are on the steering wheel and displays in the cluster.
                  I think it's a nice step up from the earlier 360CS and Scuderia, both of which were miles ahead of the Merc-McLaren SLR. That thing's interior was gaudy and cartoonish.
                  Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                  Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                  Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

The engine sounds good but what the hell have they done to the styling? It's terrible
                    Levi.W
                    78 BMW 635CSi - Project
                    91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

Working...
                    X