Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta

Following a series of leaked photos, Ferrari has taken the wraps off the 458 Speciale A (Aperta).

Representing the company's most powerful open-top model ever, the 458 Speciale Aperta (Italian for "open") will be limited to only 499 units and all will feature a retractable hard top that needs 14 seconds to open/close. Thanks to its aluminum construction, the new roof has added only 50 kg (110 lbs) in comparison to the 458 Speciale which means the vehicle has a dry weight of 1,340 kg (2,954 lbs).

Power comes from the coupe's V8 4.5-liter naturally-aspirated engine delivering 605 HP (445 kW) at 9,000 rpm and 540 Nm (398 lb-ft) of torque at 6,000 rpm. It needs three seconds to cover the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) just like the coupe while the 0-124 mph (0-200 km/h) sprint takes 9.5 seconds (+0.4s). Ferrari hasn't said anything about a top speed but most likely it has decreased a little bit from the coupe's 202 mph (325 km/h).

The model is billed as being "the most aerodynamically efficient Ferrari spider ever" and is being showcased in a bespoke triple-layer yellow livery with a Blu Nart and Bianco Avus central stripe. It rides on Grigio Corsa five-spoke forged wheels while on the inside blue carbon fiber was used for the dashboard and door panels. Lastly, the seats have been wrapped around in Alcantara with 3D stitching and 3D technical fabric.

The Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta will be introduced on October 2 at the Paris Motor Show.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta

Yes please!
    I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

^x2
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Nice.

You gotta wonder though, if a luxury sports car maker like ferrari (out of reach for most people) is releasing limited number special editions, how many people out there are buying these that they felt the need to make an extra expensive version of an already million dollar car?

Comment

Trust me, there is enough of a market. Wasnt it the Ferrari Enzo that had crazy regulations to be able to purchase one brand new? I think you had to be a multiple Ferrari owner and then you would still get put on a wait list? Not sure if my facts are all straight but I know there was something like that with one of the top ferrari's
          Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Wow! At first I thought that said speciale Alberta

Comment

Ferrari does have special purchase rules, although I am not sure if they will apply in this case, but for cars like the Enzo you had to apply and it was rumored a certain history of owning with the company was required to purchase. Going back to the F50 they were only leased so the company could revoke your ownership at any point if they felt you were not a quality owner.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Arkadious View Post
                Trust me, there is enough of a market. Wasnt it the Ferrari Enzo that had crazy regulations to be able to purchase one brand new? I think you had to be a multiple Ferrari owner and then you would still get put on a wait list? Not sure if my facts are all straight but I know there was something like that with one of the top ferrari's
                Yeah the Enzo was nuts, only 399 made I believe and you had to have a certain ownership history. Also you didn't contact Ferrari to purchase one, they came to you. I was dating a girl at the time who's dad bought one actually. Most insane car I have ever been in.
                sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                Past:
                B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                2004 .:R32 BMP
                2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Originally posted by asp gti View Post
                  I was dating a girl at the time who's dad bought one actually.
                  And you are not with her anymore why?!?!? Haha jk man, I know you're happily married
                  Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
                    Wow! At first I thought that said speciale Alberta
                    Comes with monogrammed snow chains and a spare windshield.

Comment

hahaha. That cracked me up.

Comment

Working...
                      X