Freshly Zymol'ed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshly Zymol'ed...

I've been itching to try out my new Zymol Carbon wax, and yesterday the weather finally cooperated and I got it done. The shine this stuff give is incredible! Worth every penny! Anyhow, after the car was clean, I was bored so I decided to head out with the camera. I didnt get anything great as I was mostly just experimenting with different lenses and off-camera flashes, but a few of the pics turned out ok.....

Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Re: Freshly Zymol'ed...

Mike,
    The car looks awesome! The paint looks almost fluid.
    I'm definitely gonna have to pick up some of that stuff.
    Alpina B10 3.5 in Brilliantrot. #349.

Comment

Wow she looks great! Can we buy Zymol locally yet?
      Tunerworks Performance Inc.
      Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
      .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
      STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

Not sure about locally, but I got mine from www.eshine.ca .
        Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Thanks
          Tunerworks Performance Inc.
          Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
          .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
          STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

how was that stuff? i'm cautious of trying different waxes because some are difficult to remove. i find some gets hard quickly, or others leave a oily swirl that takes plenty of clean rags. what was your experience with this stuff like?
            D.J.
            Turbo SVT Focus
            Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

awesome mike

Comment

The application process is a little different than traditional wax. They recommend you used thier HD Clense which is like a pre-wax cleaner first. That stuff goes on easy but takes a little elbow grease to get off. On the plus side, it smells like chocolate milkshake The wax itself you apply and remove panel by panel. You wipe it on in a side to side motion with the applicator, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, then wipe it off with a microfiber cloth. It says to not let it try on the surface. It wipes off very easily, but you may need a few micofiber cloths to to the whole car, as I found they would start smearing after a while and not wipe as cleanly. So aside from the optional pre-wax cleaner (using this is supposed to allow the wax to bond to the paint better and therefore last longer), the whole process is very easy.
                Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Damn Mike, that blue is so deep it hurts the eyes, and you have some balls, you went to WEM at night and didn't get car jacked. I wouldnt go there at night unless I'm packin my 40c

Comment

after reading your thread i decided to try something new too. i went to cdn tire and was lured in to the new turtlewax tech stuff. i admit mostly by the fancy packaging lol. i picked up the liquid claybar, the tech wax and the detailer. i just washed the car and am going to try it after i bbq a burger

i also got one of those mothers powerball things for the wheels with the liquid power metal polish. wheel polishing is my dreaded nightmare, but it has to be done! :(
                    D.J.
                    Turbo SVT Focus
                    Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Ah okay it's not turtlewax extreme; i messed up in my earlier post . It's Turtlewax ICE . It's pretty amazing so far. Considering how little work was involved compared to the regular claybar kits, this is heaven. It took me 30 minutes to apply the liquid claybar, then you just rinse it off with water. I can't beleive how deep the color is now.

thanx vrado for getting me the motivation to finally clean my cars . your pictures did their job
                      D.J.
                      Turbo SVT Focus
                      Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

mike when did you put the RS4s on? you still have the BBS's? or want to sell em?

Comment

oh man, you bought that car. Lucky man! i heart wagons. oh ya, 4th pictures is my new desktop. awesome.
                          James
                          mk4 wagon

Comment

Car looks gooood.
                            As to the turtlewax ice liquid claybar, I used it and thought it was horrible compared to a normal claybar job. I think I would only use it again on the van as it is HUGE.
                            Name: Brent
                            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                              mike when did you put the RS4s on? you still have the BBS's? or want to sell em?
                              Just put them on last week. I'm keeping the CHs for winter, but I may re-finish them down the road and put them back into the summer rotation
                              Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Working...
                              X