Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - FIAT Coupe

Hi,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone I met at EuroQuake 2009 at the weekend. It was great to meet such a fun bunch of enthusiasts. I had a great time. I only wish I'd been able to drive my car to the event. Hopefully see you next year or at some other meetings before the end of this season.

This page is slightly out of date but it'll give you a reasonable idea as to the spec.

My Car

John

Re: New Member - FIAT Coupe

Welcome to the forums John! I must have missed you up at the show, how is your rebuilt motor working for you?

Glad you made it to Euroquake!
    Tunerworks Performance Inc.
    Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
    .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
    STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

Welcome to the boards John, had some laughs on the weekend for sure!!! Hope maybe to see you and your car out at some events in the future and hope the shoulder is good!
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Shoulder is doing well. It's out of my imobiliser now - hurray. Started physio on Monday.

Rebuilt engine is going well so far, I had to tweek the fueling a little, it was running a bit lean on very light throttle which is okay but I'd rather see it at a minimum of 14.7:1 I've done 1500 km on it, only another 1500 km then it's finished running in. I'll probably continue to drive it as if I'm running it in for the rest of the season, 3k rpm limit and minimal boost.

Over the winter I want to get a custom manifold made, switch to a different turbo housing but use the same internals, switch to an external wastegate and hard hoses made for the intake. Once that is done I'll be happier to get it fully tuned as there will be less chance of any backpressure.

Comment

Awesome! Good to hear.

How long you staying in Canada for? Is there a time limit for your vehicle to stay?
          .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
          STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

My current work permit expires on October 16th 2009. I'm waiting to hear if the Canadian government will extend my invitation to stay here.

Comment

Nice car, i saw a lot of those when i was in europe
              sigpic

Comment

Hopefully they do, I love seeing and hearing about your car all the time

Comment

Nice, another Fiat owner! I will have to try and get down to Calgary sometime fairly soon to see this little beast of yours.

Comment

haha yea john great to meet you man! can't wait to see the car out and about!

Comment

thats a unique looking car! welcome to the forums!
                      Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Comment

I remember seeing your car at best buy like a year ago. Couldnt figure out what the hell it was

Pat

His
                        1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                        1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                        1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                        2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                        Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Cool, I saw this at the Shell on 14th. Sick!

Comment

John and i have been atending shows since like 03 or 04 . the v8less shows . good to see you again this weekend
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes I tried to attend as many DTP shows as possible in Edmonton and Calgary but I haven't had much luck with engines! The car has been off the road more than on the road. My $ per mile is astronomical.

I get most of my parts shipped from a friend who works at FIAT in the UK. Most of the engine internals are now custom made, JE Pistons, Ferrea Valves, Carillo rods etc. Even simple stuff like oil filters have to come from the UK and spark plugs from the USA.

After an expensive rebuild I only drove the car for a couple of days before the engine let go in June 2008. It took until May this year to rebuild the engine again.

Comment

Working...
                              X