Re: New Wheels

Should be hot!

Music to permeate your soul …
        Jayson
        MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Very nice set. What will they be going on?
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

goin on my 2008 gti. It's Reflex silver, so i'm not sure of how the black will work with it.

I'm also still currently at SUV height, so I need to get some springs. Will be a little while before I can get coilovers, although I know where I a get a set for $800 at the moment.

Concept one has the FK springs for $250 ($225 with Eurodrivers memebership, which I currently lack)

I'm gonna try to track down a set of H&R supersport springs if I can; especially since the dollar is high!

Comment

Personally, I think black rims with a silver lip look the best on a silver car!! I think it will look sweet!!
              Just lower the car before you put on the rims or that suv height will look even worse!! lol
              ~Tracy~
              MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
              Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Remedys has a line of Nitto neogen 205/40/18's. I'm considering getting them for these which are 18x8. Should be a nice stretch.

I'm still debating it, because I'm kinda broke right now!

Comment

Depending on your financial situation, I would say hold off on the springs, and save the money until you can afford coilovers. This way you'll save the $225 on the springs that you wont need, and the $100 on the second alignment. But if your money situation is tight and it will be a very long time before you see coilovers, then yes, get the springs. Either way, i'm sure those rims will be a nice feature for the car!
                  Patryk
                  Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                  08 VW .:R32
                  04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Thread moved (that section is intended for Retailers) but nice pick up, the offset is pretty aggressive for a MK5 though.
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Offset aggressive? I ran 8.5 et 35 last year and everybody was still telling me to run spacers, but I found some 205/40/18 for these today, when the GTI gets dropped should look perfect with a little stretch and poke.
                      Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

Well I am not saying impossible but a lot of wheels for MK5s are more in the ET45 range that is all.
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

ET of 45, that would be weak, lol
                          Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

I ran the monoblocks 18x8.5 with no drop, not a problem, but if I wannt go low with this offset, I'll prolly have to go with the 205/40.

I saw a spreadsheet on one of the forums which detailed what tire/rim/offset/drop combination would not rub. I'll look into it again.

Am currently negotiating with a dude for coilovers. probably shouldn't buy them, but me wantz.

lol

Comment

Nice! Theres not many of us reflex silvers out there!
                              Last edited by Rocky_Rabbit; 03-18-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X