Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just Joined - New GTI

Speedy recovery to Socks!!!

I have a couple cats too and had one eat a large amount of thick string one time that involved him being opened up to get it out, best of luck and look forward to seeing the GTI soon!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Installed the euro lip spoiler on the weekend. I'm happy with it

Comment

Got this idea from a guy over on golfmk6.com

I went with Satin Black Outer (4 coats), Satin White Inner (4 coats), Gloss Red TSI Lettering (3 coats when I'm done). I wasn't able to take the pieces apart because I felt I was going to break the tabs holding the clips in, so I just used painters tape (patience required!)

I used Rust-Oleum products, but not the automotive. I took it for a good 2 hour highway drive yesterday, between 70 - 90mph pretty constant and it held up just perfect. I need to sand the TSI lettering, and put another coat on to smooth it over, but overall I'm very happy with it.

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=183

Comment

Very nice golf

Comment

Got my Fast last night.

Comment

i like wut uve done and the lip looks good! im gonna do a carbon one when avail. Oddly enuf i got my SECOND Fast yesterday :o lol! got the org black one a few mths ago and for wutever reason, VWCA sent me a Fahrenhiet one! so i now have twins, a boy and a girl LOL! and no ive never owned a Fahrenhiet Gti lol!
              2010 CW Gti 6sp 2 door

Comment

Car's looking wicked Myles! The engine cover looks way better painted then stock haha. the lip is sexy man. Hopefully you get the catch can issue resolved or is being resolved.

Comment

How did your guys Fasts come? I have not gotten one but got the little box with the micro fibre towel????
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

My fast just arrived yesterday, by UPS. Picked the car up on Jan.6th. I have the shammy to.

Comment

That makes sense as I did get a UPS notification yesterday and I was not expecting anything, I guess it is my Fast!
                      Blair

Comment

umm lets see, i took delivery of it dec.30 and i think i got the first one about 2mths after, just after i got my microfiber cloth, which fyi watch the stitching, it scratches the instrument cluster :s...then 2nd one i just got and have no idea y haha! the boyz at 5th ave have no clue either! ah well, i like em both!
                        2010 CW Gti 6sp 2 door

Comment

Well hopefully next week my proper Catch can parts will arrive. Probably get my paint next week so I can color match my side markers. I also just placed an order for 15mm & 10mm H&R spacers.

Comment

Coming along Myles, look forward to seeing it all in person some day soon.

Going to try and get some pics of mine over the weekend as I think it is looking ok at the moment!
                            Blair

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                              Coming along Myles, look forward to seeing it all in person some day soon.

Going to try and get some pics of mine over the weekend as I think it is looking ok at the moment!
                              Thanks, it's been super fun so far, and addicting no doubt. Looking forward to seeing those LED's and coils in action. You got Koni's right? I'll bring my Eurodrivers members fee to FFH, will there be any vag-com going on?

Comment

Originally posted by mylesw42 View Post
                                Thanks, it's been super fun so far, and addicting no doubt. Looking forward to seeing those LED's and coils in action. You got Koni's right? I'll bring my Eurodrivers members fee to FFH, will there be any vag-com going on?
                                Sounds good I will try to have the cable and such there and I got KW V2s and so far so good!
                                Blair

Comment

Working...
                                X