Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just Joined - New GTI

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
    Ive had good experiences with Contemporary Coachworks in the South as well...
    Cant comment on their work from personal experience, however I have often seen high end cars in the lot while driving past contemporary coachworks. Probably says a bit there for their reputation. Never heard anything bad about them.
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Walter at continental did my rabbit when it got hurt!

Comment

Already brought the car in to Cosmos, but I just bought an 84 MK1 GTI to keep me busy

Comment

I was telling the truth Replaced the blown KW Coilovers with JOM Coilovers ($380 shipped to my door, nice). Struggling to get it aligned nicely. The camber bolt on the driver side is near the middle to get a 0 degree angle, and the one on the passenger side can't be moved out far enough to get it right, so I hear a wmmm....wmmm...wmmm while driving, and getting up to high speeds doesn't give me confidence. Engine is strong though, and it is a blast to drive. Not like my Ford Fusion rental! Anyway, I miss my '10 GTI, and am looking forward to getting it back, as I have a BSH torque mount insert and dogbone piece to replace.

Comment

Haha that's awesome. Maybe I missed it, but when do you get your MKVI back?

Comment

I'm hoping for the beginning of May.

Comment

Bummer, hopefully it gets fixed to your standard.

I bought my GTI used a couple years ago and not a month later some clowns tried to steal it, damaged the paint and interior. I sent it to Boyd Autobody next to Tunedub, and they did a terrible job. I hate when other people are responsible for wrecking your ride.
                GT3071R and more...

Comment

As an update, Cosmos got the car apart and started looking at the real damage. As I suspected, whole driver side suspension needs replacing; shock, strut, control arm, etc... The tire was moved back over an inch. I guess this will probably mean a further delay while more parts are ordered. I'm thinking this is going to be close to a 10K job parts/labor ... insane.

On the MK1 front, I got some new control arm bushings, ball joints and tie rod ends on order. Started stripping off some of the rust too while I wait for parts.

Comment

Yay, got my car back last week, only a couple of minor things I need to take it back for. I am picky. But whatever I love my car, so I want it to be just right. Southland VW replaced my battery, but I can't believe they didn't re-install it properly, they routed the positive wire connector on the outside of the casing, so the battery cover didn't even lock down. Anyway I took care of that myself, and started cleaning up the engine bay from all of the winter grime. Still have to clean and re-oil my BSH intake cone.

Anyway, last night I got to installing some parts I had waiting

No more wheel hop/spin when starting hard from a stop in 1st/2nd gear. Great mod. BSH sent me the dogbone attachment pieces for free because there was so much shipping delay with the poly insert. Anyway, gotta get back to work.

Comment

Sweet!! good to see this thread get updated again! Care to share what else is in store? haha

Comment

Working...
                      X