Just joined, 1992 golf GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined, 1992 golf GL

Well, looking for a different forum, and somehow came accross this, so we will see how it goes.

nearly stock 1992 golf GL, only things I have done so far have been putting a 7 slat grille on, and I bought some P-slots with rubber. I have a modded 60.40 cup kit that will be installed soon aswell.

but less talk, here is Das money pit:

Just went for a mechanical inspection, nothing is wrong with it, the undercarrige is actually cleaner then the body, appears that is has never been driven during the winter!

thanks for looking, new pictures with the 7 slat and grille soon
    Terrance
    follow my instagram: 403LowLife
    2007 2.0T GTI .. Revo Stage II .. Autotech intake .. Milltek Downpipe .. Koni coilovers .. Lexus Pie plates - Daily

Re: Just joined, 1992 golf GL

Looks nice man! Welcome to the club! My suggestions would be to keep the current grill, smoked e codes, ditch the big bumpers for small bumpers, and of course lower it (which you are already doing). Looks crazy clean though! Oh and ditch the tint!
    Derek
    Last edited by GINCH; 04-02-2010, 04:32 PM.
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

the tint got old fast. lol. as for small bumpers, I will get them next summer when i paint it... I would keep the current grille, but it keeps falling out while im driving haha.

the 7 slat is already in, and as said the lowering kit is going in soon.

other then that, im planning on doing something fun for everyone to se on the return trip from FFH providing its dark enough outside.

thanks for the positive response!
      Terrance
      2007 2.0T GTI .. Revo Stage II .. Autotech intake .. Milltek Downpipe .. Koni coilovers .. Lexus Pie plates - Daily

Comment

Good plans man!! Unless you are leaving Sylvan lake at 8 or 9pm then I'm pretty sure it won't be dark enough to show off what you have in mind. Please don't tell me you have any kind of neons on the car however! Why would you need to paint the car? Looks like the paint i spretty nice to me!
        Derek
        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

haha the paints awesome! my dad was a professional painted for 30 + years, he wants to do something special to it lol.

and no, Im in calgary, and I like the fact the car looks kind of like a fishbowl with untinted glass lol... and no, definitly no neon!
          Terrance

Comment

Welcome and super clean MK2!!!!
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Thank you! Need to replace a rear whhel bearing prior to lowering it, another set back but that's ok.
              Terrance

Comment

car is low on tranny fluid, pops out of fifth, has a going fuel pump, and has more zip ties holding things together then my previous mountian bikes, but shes low... ish.
                Terrance

Comment

tranny fluid fixed, jetta front lip on, P-slots going flouresent pink, and TT exhaust coming.. then the car is ALMOST done.... for now.
                  Terrance

Comment

Terrance

Comment

Car looks good, time for a nice set of rims now.

Comment

The P-slots are cool, until they get painted that is....
                        Jay

Comment

what, you dont like the idea of hot pink P-slots??
                          Terrance

Comment

you dont either, your just doing it because we all told you it would be cool.
                            "If it has tits or wheels it will give you trouble"

-97 Golf
                            -91 GTI

Comment

actually I do, bu if it makes you feel better ill get something else done.
                              Terrance

Comment

Working...
                              X