Sprint Blue B8 S4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint Blue B8 S4

I made a trip up to Edmonton Monday to go discuss an extended warranty for my B7 S4 Cab...

My buddy Jim saw me walk into the dealership and came over to see what I was up to...I mentioned the warranty but he had a better idea. He just took in trade a Sprint Blue 2010 S4 that was in pretty much perfect shape!

It was in the service bay getting new rubber and a new clutch so we went back to check it out. I pretty much fell in love instantly lol!

I quickly ran through the numbers in my head on what I would have to do to my B7 in the very near future...warranty, brakes, new rubber...and it just seemed a no brainer lol.

So here is the new ride...

I've driven it for a week now, with a trip back to Edmonton Friday, there are so many things that I love about it (including the much improved gas mileage) but the B7 will always have a special place in my heart!

I'm going to do the Stasis tune and exhaust when the golf course closes in October
    -Mike

Re: Sprint Blue B8 S4

Thats an AWESOME car...with equally awesome potential! HAVE FUN!!!
    Last edited by Geobmx4life; 07-31-2011, 07:48 AM.
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

That's a nice car, love the sprint blue. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts about moving from the V8 to the V6.
      John
      1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
      2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

That would have to be the nicest car in Rocky.

Great upgrade. It looks spectacular!

Comment

Real nice upgrade! Congrats dude
          D.J.
          Turbo SVT Focus
          Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

I have the same car, but with dsg and a stasis tune, love it!

Comment

jelly
              Yes... it is a Front Wheel Drive... your point?

Comment

you suck!

i'm jelly

Comment

Awesome car!
                  Very jealous right now.
                  --
                  Rod
                  Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                  2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Wow, that looks my car's exact twin . . . only difference I can spot from those pics is the CF trim. Good taste, congrats!! How many km? Glad to hear you like it . . . give it a little while and you won't miss the V8 at all

Comment

Hi John...Well I've been driving the V6 for almost two weeks now and the only thing that I kind of miss from the V8 is the awesome rumble it would put out when accelerating. The V6 is so quite compared lol!

One of the biggest (real nice bonus) differences is the gas mileage...I got just over 700kms from my last full tank (99% highway)...I would have been able to just crack the 500km mark with the old V8.

To tell you the truth, I was always a little underwhelmed with the power from the V8, it sounded so good, but always left me wanting for more power...The V6 feels so much faster, the only thing that I really notice with it is that when it gets over 5000rpm the power seems to flatten out, or taper off, which seems really strange to me. With the V8 I needed to keep the rpms high to get the most out of the engine.

I also love starting the V6 and not hearing that chain rattling noise! It was really embarrassing at times, if someone was in the car with me I would pray for it not to happen lol . I have no idea why my SA or the techs at my dealership all say that it's a normal noise ...Mine didn't do it until I had over 50,000kms on the engine (which really seems like nothing at all to me?). I had my oil changed every 6000km and I do 95% highway driving...

Originally posted by JPO View Post
                      That's a nice car, love the sprint blue. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts about moving from the V8 to the V6.
                      Awesome! I'm going to do the tune in October when I have some time after the golf season...It would be awesome to hear more on the tune from you!!
                      Originally posted by corradobomb View Post
                      I have the same car, but with dsg and a stasis tune, love it!

Thanks Matt, I'm pretty sure I saw your car in reddeer a few months back, the color really stuck with me, I was thinking ibis white back then until I saw yours in motion!

I picked this one up with just over 20,000km and I have put on almost 1500kms in the past 12 days lol...It's just a blast to drive!
                      Originally posted by TargaMatt View Post
                      Wow, that looks my car's exact twin . . . only difference I can spot from those pics is the CF trim. Good taste, congrats!! How many km? Glad to hear you like it . . . give it a little while and you won't miss the V8 at all
                      Anyway, thanks again for all the kind words guys!

If anyone has time to help me with a couple of VAG mods beer and golf is on me!
                      -Mike

Comment

new clutch on a 1 year old car eh?
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
                          new clutch on a 1 year old car eh?
                          I was thinking the same thing
                          Tint sucks

Comment

Originally posted by theedge111 View Post
                            Hi John...Well I've been driving the V6 for almost two weeks now and the only thing that I kind of miss from the V8 is the awesome rumble it would put out when accelerating. The V6 is so quite compared lol!

One of the biggest (real nice bonus) differences is the gas mileage...I got just over 700kms from my last full tank (99% highway)...I would have been able to just crack the 500km mark with the old V8.

To tell you the truth, I was always a little underwhelmed with the power from the V8, it sounded so good, but always left me wanting for more power...The V6 feels so much faster, the only thing that I really notice with it is that when it gets over 5000rpm the power seems to flatten out, or taper off, which seems really strange to me. With the V8 I needed to keep the rpms high to get the most out of the engine.
                            Man, the noise is one of my favorite things about this car. As for the speed that's really interesting. I ran with a B8 at the road course at race city and we were basically dead even.
                            John
                            1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
                            2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

Hey Mike nice upgrade, looks like it's time for a new avatar!!

Let me know if you end up selling your wheels when your rubber wears thin... :•)
                              Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                              Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                              Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
                              X