Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My First Italian

Awesome Blair!

Just did some reading on that Multiair camless wizardry technology, crazy stuff.

http://www.gizmag.com/fiat-releases-...-design/11184/
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

rad
      Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Picked up the car today (and said goodbye to the GTI as well) and so far it is pretty fun, kind of nice to be back in a small car again. Way faster than the Smart but still have to watch the gears for hills and such as you need higher revs to have the power, but have not pushed it too much as it only has 80kms on it so far. I really want to do the springs quick to get rid of the pretty huge wheel gap but with the car being so new might be better to wait a bit to see some new options that are available. For the money I think it is a pretty nice car, has all the features you would expect and this trim level has pretty nice 16s, painted brake calipers (no drums here), built in bluetooth and the interior is not too bad at all. Wish there was more adjust-ability in the seat height as you sit pretty high and a volume knob would be nice as pushing a button up and down is not as easy but there is steering wheel controls.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Not the best pic but this is my current inspiration

Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Congrats Blair! Post some pics of the new ride!
            --
            Rod
            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

SO sick!
              "If it has tits or wheels it will give you trouble"

-97 Golf
              -91 GTI

Comment

Congrats!!! Love these and Im sure they will be a fun little car.
                ~Tracy~
                MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

I cannot wait for spring, going to be a long winter!!!

Blair

Comment

Some nostalgia for you, Blair.

Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
                    2016 .:R (sold)
                    2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
                    2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

The neighbor of my wifes uncle have the exact same colour white 500. If had a roll back rag top and was in great shape. Looked like a fun car to drive.
                      Name: Brent
                      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

The originals and the new ones are so different yet so similar at the same time.

Since we are looking at white 500s, a lightly modded Pop version

Blair

Comment

Well H&R Springs are ordered (Thanks Alex) so hopefully in the next couple weeks it will be at least a little lower, pics of the drop from H&R:

Looking at wheel options for next spring, thinking about something custom but probably going for 16x8 and then going to re-use the stock tires and should give me a look similar to this:

Blair

Comment

is it just me or does that look like a little toy model car on the last pics hahaha its screwing with my mind hardcore lmao!!!!
                            ***SOLD***-2008 C63 AMG - Tuned(540hp, 495trq), secondary cat delete, highflow filters. Lowered on H&R springs, Verde wheels, carbon goods around

2012 E63 AMG biturbo - 550hp 590trq. Stock....for now

Add me on instagram! dominice63

Dominic Jablonski

Comment

Yeah, I think it has had a Tilt-shift effect added to it. Makes the small car, look even more like a toy.

Comment

Finally snapped a few pics of the new car today on the way home. Jed from Mobile Reflections gave it a proper PDI yesterday so it is looking fantastic and my H&R springs arrived today as well so I will be working on that wheel gap a bit next week too!!

Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 09-30-2011, 07:16 PM.
                                Blair

Comment

Working...
                                X