280se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 280se

I guess it's probably time to show you pics of my new ride... 1973 280SE 4.5

Re: 280se

I still hate you for getting such a rediculous deal on that thing

Pat

His
    1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
    1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
    1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
    Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Oooh. That's soo nice!
      Levi.W
      78 BMW 635CSi - Project
      91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

Classic...so are you going to wear a flatcap and have a Whippet?
        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

absolutely georgeous! one of the best looking cars all time imo, and i hate to ask, but, what kind of crazy deal did you get on this?
          sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
          His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
          Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
          Past:
          B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
          B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
          2004 .:R32 BMP
          2001.5 Noggy blue s4
          2000 VW GTI 1.8T
          1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

I still need to go over and see this thing!
            http://www.flickr.com/erroltan

Comment

looks to be in great shape. bundt cake wheels ftw.

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect minty minty fresh w126 diesel.

Comment

WOW is that clean! Such a beautiful example man.. really nice find! I had an opportunity to play with a 1970 280SL. The fuel injection on it was a mess.. running on 2 cylinders when I picked it up. Took a long time to get it all cleaned out and running right, but when it was done.... MY GOD!! Probably the smoothest running engine I have ever had the pleasure of driving.
                sigpicMark Terrio-Cameron and Southland Volkswagen - Call (403) 581 6875 or PM me for a great deal on you're next VW

Comment

super jelly
                  REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                  -james

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
                    Classic...so are you going to wear a flatcap and have a Whippet?
                    No, but I am thinking about leather driving gloves...

Originally posted by marktc View Post
                    WOW is that clean! Such a beautiful example man.. really nice find! I had an opportunity to play with a 1970 280SL. The fuel injection on it was a mess.. running on 2 cylinders when I picked it up. Took a long time to get it all cleaned out and running right, but when it was done.... MY GOD!! Probably the smoothest running engine I have ever had the pleasure of driving.
                    The engine is running pretty damn good for the age of the car. I think once it gets all the fluids refreshed and new plugs/wires it will run like a champ again

Comment

The best thing I did was run injector cleaner through it. I had already done plugs, 2 injectors, wires, timing etc... Also, check all of the throttle linkages... they can get a fair amount of play in them over time and the fuel pump requires perfect alignment with the butterflies. (I am assuming you have the mechanical fuel injection system that looks like a diesel fuel pump?)
                      sigpicMark Terrio-Cameron and Southland Volkswagen - Call (403) 581 6875 or PM me for a great deal on you're next VW

Comment

Nope, it's a 73' so it has the electronic fuel injection haha. I have a lot to learn and there is very little information on the internet about it...

Comment

so bosch motronic? with the flapper type airflow meter then?

Comment

So clean, very jealous a classy, classy ride!

I am surprised no one has asked but are you going to slam it?
                            Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                              So clean, very jealous a classy, classy ride!

I am surprised no one has asked but are you going to slam it?
                              Bags. Every time I see this car I regret passing on it.......
                              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Working...
                              X