A good way to waste my paycheques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good way to waste my paycheques

Here is a synopsis of my build thread, from on AZ. I have edited it down to included only what is definitely on the car or going on the car.

The Car, a 2001 Audi A6 ming blue, with 6mt conversion

Initial manifold fab work was turned over to Derek at Trillion Industries after slow progress last year from Unobtanium

Josh at J-Fonz will be tuning the car

The build

Motor, I was in the process of building a 3L, CAW had a fully built, guaranteed to 1200hp+ motor , so I sold my block/crank/piston/rods and picked up the motor that was ready to roll. It has all sorts of things that I wanted to do, but cost was prohibitive. It is a Eurospec full built 3L, JE 8.5:1 compression, knife edged forged crank, deck cooling, crank girdle, 2.8 NA heads, I picked up a set of Rosten valve springs and Ti retainers, to go with Supertech valves.

Turbo, I spent almost 2 years agonizing over which turbo to go with, I did countless math calculations, I wanted to make sure that I could spool the turbo before 7K. Anyways, as I watched the addition of the Garrett GTX turbos, and countless other brands, I kept coming back to the turbo I originally specced 2 years ago, of course Bullseye had undergone some improvements to their lineup as well. I ended up getting a B383, it is billet wheel, 83mm inducer, 119mm exducer on the comp side, v-band discharge. Turbine side is an 87mm wheel, turbine housing is stainless v-band in/out, no comp maps have been released, but it should flow in the neighborhood of 130lbs/min, enough to support 1200awhp

I have a rather large FMIC, it is not my first choice to run a FMIC, but this year with time permitted it will do the trick. This core should easily flow enough to keep my charge cool, my only worry is pressure drop. Fueling will be handled by a Magnafuel 750 MP-4303 fuel pump. Fuel regulator and filters are Aeromotive Fuel rails are -10 an, building for the possibility of E85 if Canada ever gets some. Fuel lines were run in Aeroquip socketless

I cut out the secondary firewall and cut the battery tray back to the mount tabs for the steering rack. It gives us a solid 5" extra space in back of the motor. As well we cut and modified the passenger side frame rail to accommodate charge piping. The A/C is being retained, so a custom plate was made to utilize the old fittings, new lines will be run in Aeroquip.

I purchased a B7 RS4 8 piston 365mm front brake setup, and rear brakes are B5 S4 calipers with 300mm rotor upgrade. I tried many sets of wheels for the build, refinished a set of Work VS-MX, but they wouldn't clear the front calipers, looked at a set of HRE's which actually fit, but ended up buying a set of OEM Lamborghini Gallardo Casseopia wheels 19x8.5 and 19x11 with Quattro friendly rolling stock 235-35-19, 275-30-19. Still waiting for the wheels to arrive, they shipped today.

I have had a couple different clutches selected and purchased for this build, first was the new style VAST stage 4, but in truth there is no way that this clutch would hold what I hope to eventually make for HP#'s, so I picked up a Spec mini triple, claimed to be able to hold over 1400ft/lbs.

There will be no rubber/silicone couplers, instead pipe coupling will be done with Vanjen clamps, similar to Wiggins, just less well known and less costly, also not bright purple

Progress was slow over the last year and a half, but has been moving steadily in the last several months. Hopefully I can have it rolling this summer, but I am not going to press things, I just have too much time/money/self invested in it at this point.

Now on to the pics

I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Re: A good way to waste my paycheques

headlight intake for turbo or a screen filter?

looks pretty rad!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
      headlight intake for turbo or a screen filter?

looks pretty rad!
      Screen filter, the car will not look any different than any other lowered/stanced A6. Also will be using Pro-M blow through MAF, and here are some pics of the wheels

Comment

Looking forward to seeing more of this

Comment

sick build, that is one sexy engine!
          sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
          His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
          Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
          Past:
          B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
          B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
          2004 .:R32 BMP
          2001.5 Noggy blue s4
          2000 VW GTI 1.8T
          1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

This car was already quite a beast. Cant wait to see what this will do! I wish you smooth sailing on the rest of the project!!!
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

As others have expressed, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS FINISHED!!

Very awesome bud!
              --
              Rod
              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

i like those wheels better than the volks i think! do they fit the brakes ?

Comment

Yes, they do fit the brakes, the issue will be trying to stuff 11" under the rear wheel arches

Comment

finally putting that band money to good use. Atta girl Ryan!
                    Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Nope, not finally, it has been in fabrication/eating my money for over a year now, I just never made a build thread till now

Comment

This thing will be an absolute monster. So sick Ryan

Pat

His
                        1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                        1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                        1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                        2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                        Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

This is a mad build! Can't wait to see your progress and ultimately the finished product!
                          GT3071R and more...

Comment

Originally posted by sabbySC View Post
                            Can't wait to see your progress and ultimately the finished product!
                            It's Boy Band's build....... My kids will be driving before this is done.
                            Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Jesus. If it had wings, it would take off.
                              '14 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (On Order)
                              '06 VW Jetta TDI (Daily)
                              '07 Ford F-150
                              '06 Mazda 3 (hers)

Comment

Working...
                              X