Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cptnslw

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
    I know but given what played in the video, what would cause the motor to go?
    Good question. I really don't know. It was either on borrowed time with the mods, or there were issues to begin with?
    Last edited by flipstah; 06-23-2016, 07:11 PM.
    Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
      Good question. I really don't know. It was either on borrowed time with the mods, or there were issues to begin with?
      Wasn't there an over rev code from downshifting that could've happened before what was showed in the video...
      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

no over rev code came up on scan

Comment

I think the music that was playing probably induced the car to commit suicide.

(Sorry - didn't mean to make light of the situation but couldn't resist!)
          2008 Audi RS4
          2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Lol I hate EDM as well. It's not my thing unless I'm working out.

No over rev code showed up. Timing belt was also fine.

So I'm literally lost for words.

Tapashutupyourface.
            Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

thats so odd.

Don i know i said this in the group chat. But I'm wondering if this has anything to do with apr's new update? Maybe something to pursue there?

Comment

Watch the whole vid from the time he drove out of the house, maybe there was something leading to this.
                Look up at what causes valves to blow up and see if can relate to your beast. Also, since the rockers were destroyed, I think the rockers went first, then the valves.
                Show the vid to VW...car just quit working. In that one email it was mentioned that they'd most likely warranty it had it not been for over rev code, which actually never showed up, so should be covered IMO.

-E
                sigpic
                Instagram: @ed_kisov

BMW 435i xDrive ///M Performance
                ex MK6 Golf R RB
                ex MK6 GTI CSG
                ex MK4 Jetta 1.8T
                ex MK3 Jetta CL

Comment

I won't draw any conclusions until the entire drive is documented. Seems selective.
                  Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

It's missing the part where he accelerates to show off to the Camaro with the 3 girls in it...

Comment

Doesn't Insurance cover it, if it's found to be stolen?
                      Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Doesn't stolen cars get written off?
                        Current Fleet
                        #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                        2001 Cobra #88/3786
                        1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                        2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                        2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

my wife and I stayed at a hotel the night of our wedding, the next day my groomsmen , who from out of town was staying with us, took our car to go somewhere while we were still at the hotel. hit a curb , pushed the subframe, bent the knuckle, control arm, sway bar, cracked a rim etc... According to td insurance verbatim, if/when you invite a guest into your house and you leave your keys out on the table/counter wherever, you've given them permission to take your car.

Comment

Originally posted by cam_wmh View Post
                            Doesn't Insurance cover it, if it's found to be stolen?
                            I'm guessing Don is not charging his brother with theft....

Comment

Originally posted by Red90 View Post
                              I'm guessing Don is not charging his brother with theft....
                              No. I won't.

Don

sigpic

Comment

Just sharing diagnosis results:

Don,

I regret to inform you that there is quite a bit of hidden damage in your engine that we were not able to see prior to removing the cylinder head. The head will need to be replaced as the one you have is not usable. I think it would be best if you drop by the shop so we can show you what has happened and discuss your options.

Bottom-end is likely good, but it would be a good idea to take off the pan and clean it out as there will be some debris that has made it down. The walls look good and the pistons seem to have survived but the rods should be inspected considering how much damage there is in the head. The intake cam has twisted, timing adjuster pin sheared off in the exhaust cam, cam timing chain has been stressed and will need replacing as well as the tensioner. The lifter bores are oval shaped because of the force that was put on the lifters when the rockers exploded, that alone is enough to condemn the head.

Don

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X