A couple of vw's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of vw's.

Here are my 2 diesels. i spectate on here more then anything so i thought i'd post up mine.
    First is my 04 tdi sport jetta was robg's on here. He's who made it look like a gli and did some very nice work to it including gli kit, gli cat back exhaust, upgraded to gli brakes with slotted and vented rotors, phatnoise headunit with backup camera, nice big led light strip in the trunk, upgraded mirrors, bora headlights with levelers. I put on a skid plate and some ksport coilovers, took the wifes wheels(raderweks), did the timing belt, cut out the cat and a few other odds and ends. It's been a great car and i have been really enjoying it. Great milage but have been thinking about a malone tune for it.
    First pics are in winter mode- w/ 18" rs4 wheels

Summer(working that roof rack ha)- with what i think are 18" raderwerk wheels

My 83 rabbit td mk1 which is under the knife in my garage for full restore(also diesel) it's getting painted back to its factory colour frost blue after i do some body work on it when i find the time and motivation. Rebuilding diesels all week and then trying to find motivation to rebuild my car is hard ha. I may or may not swap in another powerplant thinking maybe m-tdi or even a 1.9td we will see when i get there. Love this car and it's the one that i can't see myself letting go of.

Thanks for looking
    2004 Jetta TDI Sport-Daily
    2002 Jetta 1.8T(stg2)-Wifey
    1983 RabbitLS- Dirty Diesel

Re: A couple of vw's.

Both cars are just full of win. Super Jelly of that MK4. Wish I had a diesel that looked like that as a DD! MK1 is just epic for its own reasons
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Nice VWs!
      MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

Love the new stance, both are looking clean.

Comment

Sexual!!!

Comment

Thanks guys.
            Rob-you sold me a great car. We are absolutely loving it.

I should post this here also, my front sway bar rubs when i turn real sharp(usually parking or going in my garage. It's not often but i don't like it so my plan was to make some new end links for the sway bar out of heim joints. Something like this

Also was gonna do trans oil next service. When i had my golf i used 75w90 penzoil syncro mesh, anybody else have some recommendations on what they like to use?
            Another question, i heard the 1.8t lower pancake pipe for intercooler works as a upgrade, if this is true and anybody is getting rid of one, let me know.

One more question, i was looking at stage 1.5 malone tune and i was wondering if anyone had the flashzilla(??) for loading the tune to the ecm, that way if i do decide to do the tune i don't have to send the ecm out. http://malonetuning.com/?page_id=1713

Tia--Kane
            Last edited by Kane; 11-07-2012, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Hey Kane,

I have a lower pancake pipe, i'm in Copperfield, let me know if you want it.

As for the transmission fluid, i used AC Delco synchromesh from autovalue and it worked quite well, got rid of some of the whine and made shifting quite a bit smoother. Colin used it in his also. It was recommended by Ryan and he tried a few different ones so maybe he could tell you his findings.

BTW it might just be because of my biased opinion but i was digging the RS4 wheels

Comment

That TDI Sport! <3 haha

I really want to find a GLI with a blown motor some day so that I can swap in a TDI but have all of the GLI goodies!
                Scott
                '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Love them both!!!
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Real nice looking VWs! Really liking that MK1!
                    19' Golf Alltrack
                    17' 4runner TRD Pro
                    Previous: '90 Jetta, '97 GTI, '01 Cabrio, '03 Jetta, '04 R32, '13 Tiguan

Comment

Great cars Kane!
                      --
                      Rod
                      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Kane View Post
                        Also was gonna do trans oil next service. When i had my golf i used 75w90 penzoil syncro mesh, anybody else have some recommendations on what they like to use?
                        I changed the I put some GM Syncromesh in the MK1 and it shifts nice.

Comment

Both cars look great!

And yes synchromesh is awesome! I first used redline mt-90 and the shifting was really sloppy and noisy. Changed to the syncromesh and it felt better than oem. Was 4x cheaper too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slamtastic View Post
                            I first used redline mt-90 and the shifting was really sloppy and noisy.
                            I changed the trans fluid on the Jetta around 90K with redline MT-90, I found it was a bit stiff when it was cold, but smooth once it warmed up.

Comment

I think i'll do syncromesh again it's what i used last time and it worked great. Thanks for the compliments guys.

mechengg- I'll shoot ya a pm about that pancake pipe, i would probably be able to come grab it sometime next week as i'm just a hop,skip and a jump away in Cranston.

I like the rs4 wheels a lot too but i like the raderwerks because of having the wider rears and making it look a little more aggressive back there. I know it's stupid on a fwd car but i like stagger. I'm thinking of getting rid the raderwerks though for something different we shall see. I need to get going on the mk1 before doing much to the mk4 if i want to get it out for next yr.

Comment

Working...
                              X