A taste of whats to come...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A taste of whats to come...

Thanks Eddy. I'm still doing a bit of research on the ASC+T elbow to see how much of a PITA its going to make things, but if I come across a cheap non-ASC+T I will most likely go for it. I'm definitely pulling the oil pan and cleaning it up/inspecting it. Heard of the common problems and I want to double check everything possible before doing the swap. Also never hurts to change all the gaskets to prevent any leaks.

Also major thanks for that link. I've been waiting for quite some time to see a dyno for the hybrid build. Will be following that one closely to see how his future numbers appear.
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I will be unemployed in June, so if you need a hand doing the swap I will have all the time in the world to help ya. I just want to work on an e30 again...they're soo awesome.
      The car will be completely different after this, going from an M20-auto to a 6-speed M60......ohhh myyyy

Comment

Thanks for the offer Jon, i'll definitely let you know when I start getting heavy into the swap part of things!
        Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I'm sure you have done this already, but buy lots of fender covers to protect your paint during install. I would personally go overboard with them....but that's just me

Comment

Been a bit busy with school the past few week and have a final in Tax coming up shortly, but still made some good progress on the motor this weekend. Had a friend come over and help me take apart the rest of the engine.

Overall it all went pretty smoothly with only a few minor hickups. I'm stoked to be doing this, and very thankful at the same time because I know i'll have a great running motor when i'm done. For 236xxxkm's, the engine looks very clean and healthy, the cylinder walls all look good, and with me replacing all the chains, guides, gaskets, etc, I'm sure its going to be very reliable for me. Just need to clean it up.

Also this will ensure that everything is bolted up properly, I found 4 (yes FOUR) completely loose screws from the oil pump at the bottom of my oil pan, so I tightened everything back up and made sure its actually tight. Luckily there's about 10 bolts altogether so the pump stayed in place and didnt cause any internal damage.

So next i'll be cleaning all the parts up and painting certain parts of it. I'm waiting on a large order from Blunttech and ECS that I should be picking up soon, then I can start resealing the engine and putting it all back together. Unfortunately I havent gotten around to pulling the rear subframe yet but hoping that will come in the next couple weeks (along with engine and front subframe) once school is done for this semester.

Cheers and stay tuned for more!
            Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

i love this!
              we need more v8 swaps
              ~~TODD~~
              '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dubbs View Post
                we need more v8 swaps
                No we dont.....I be ridin solo
                Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Are you getting a BBA with an accounting concentration? I'm taking Tax right now too, it's pretty tough. Also, a lot of oil pump bolts aren't reusable, might want to check that. Bmw might be different.
                  2002 Jetta TDI
                  2003 Jazz Blue GTI
                  1981 Rabbit Truck Diesel

Comment

Right now i'm at SAIT about 2 courses away from getting my applied business degree, then moving onto a CPA Designation. Thanks for the tip about the non-reusable bolts, I will definitely look into that!
                    Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

wheres the turbos??

Comment

Originally posted by R_Ethug View Post
                        wheres the turbos??
                        I believe they are hidden in the same place as my winning lottery ticket. Once I find that, i'll update this thread with them
                        Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Great to see progress and I think this will be an amazing car once it is all done!!! Good job on the school/studying too!!! I love tax!
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Thanks Blair!

Also for those that dont know, here is a little sound clip of what i'm aiming for in terms of exhaust note...

Last edited by P Arkus; 04-14-2015, 09:59 AM.
                            Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

what does it consist of?
                              single muffler?dual?
                              ~~TODD~~
                              '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

This particular one is a b!tch to find info on. I did at one point but cant remember exact details. Most of the M60's with custom exhaust that I like sound very similar, and they all share a common setup of dual pipes into a x-pipe, a small resonator on each pipe after the x-pipe, and a dual in dual out single muffler. Main difference is who goes 2.5" pipe all the way and who reduces it down to 2.25" pipe. I'll be sticking with 2.5" pipe all the way.
                                Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Working...
                                X