-2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

• Re: A taste of whats to come...

i can dig it
      Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

That sounds amazing! Can't wait for this engine to go in!
        Current Fleet
        #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
        2001 Cobra #88/3786
        1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
        2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
        2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Been working on cleaning the whole engine the past couple of days and getting everything ready for paint. Its unreal how filthy these engines get, but with a little bit of elbow grease you can get them looking like new.

Here are a few pics for comparison

Currently its all clean and taped up ready for paint. Just need to sand down all the covers and prep it all properly. I want to make sure to do this right so that the paint doesn’t begin to chip after a few months. Went with some Endura paint in custom colors as I have a friend who has used Endura and has had nothing but good things to say about the paint.

Also went down to the border last weekend and picked up a bunch of parts. Mostly stuff to just refresh the M60 engine, but on the list of fun parts includes H&R front and rear sway bars, an E60 short shift kit with a ZHP 6 speed shift knob, and a Z3 2.7 L2L steering rack from the rackdoctor.

Hoping to have all the parts sanded down by next weekend and get everything painted quickly. Also hoping to have the M20 pulled out of the car next weekend. Then once the engine is painted, start putting it all back together and sealed up. Still waiting on ECStuning to ship out my UUC LWFW and clutch kit which was ordered on April 6th…… hoping it will show up sometime this summer lol.
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Looks awesome, what type of endura paint did you get I want to give my engine a quick makeover
            Current Fleet
            #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
            2001 Cobra #88/3786
            1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
            2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
            2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Thoroughly impressed with your de-gunking abilities :O
              Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
              ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
              PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Coming along very well!!!!!
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Thanks guys. As far as I know, there is only one type of endura paint and they are all high heat paints that work well with engines. There's just not many places in town that sell endura. I got mine from Smith Maclays Coatings (I think thats what the shop is called).
                  Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I can't wait to see and hear this... Good work Pat!
                    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

How many toothbrushes did you use?!

Looks great.
                      Last edited by witchcraftz; 05-11-2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

So far, I've gone through 4 bottles of brake cleaner, 4 wire brushes (toothbrush size), and 2 large wire brushes. Need to go buy more brake cleaner lol. Also thinking i'm gonna take a wire wheel to the side of the block to scuff it a bit better before paint (same with all the covers that are oddly shaped and tough to get to with sandpaper)
                        Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Heard this stuff works pretty good too. Never tried it myself though.

http://www.rustoleum.com/product-cat...otive-clean-up
                          http://www.rustoleum.com/product-cat...aner-degreaser

Comment

OP, looking great Patryk! Endura is great paint!

Also that rustoleum degreaser is great stuff, Just used some last night for another use that most would not think of, but is one of those tragic benefits things. I use it to de-anodize aluminum. Most of the soapy not petroleum based degreasers will strip anodizing or oxidization in a few minutes.

Comment

So this weekend was a very productive one. Took the car for a final rinse on friday in that short period where it didnt rain, cleaned the exterior thoroughly, and put the car up on wheel dollies.

Friday/Saturday I started draining all the fluids, removing as much as I knew how on the engine, and dropping the exhaust. Luckily with how good the car has been taken care of, the exhaust didnt rust on and was not that difficult to drop. Sunday was my Bday so I barely did anything (had the AC Discharged, huge thanks to the gentleman that did this!), and yesterday I finished pulling the engine thanks to the help of Bryan and Danny.

Still lots to clean up in the engine bay if I want it looking anywhere near show quality

One of these things is not like the other. Can anyone differentiate who works on cars and who’s all about Instagram and scene points? Haha JK, we love you Danny!

Also made a portable engine stand, which didnt even come close to supporting the weight of the engine so I will need to take it apart and reinforce with some 2x4's.

So if I drove the car on Friday and the engine was pulled by Monday, by my calculations I should have this swap done by Friday, just in time for roll in at Driven! lol

Seriously though, next step will be taking off all the AC lines along with the condenser, and I need to pull both the front and rear subframes to get them reinforced. Slowly but surely its all coming along nicely!
                              Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Oh and I almost forgot, the oh so mandatory "look at me, i'm an engine" photo

Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Working...
                                X