Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those MK5 R32s

Hey All,

Been on the forums for a few months now. I've gone to a few meets, on an R cruise and a few shows with, so a some of you I've met at least. I haven't done a hell of a lot with the car as of yet but this year I'm planning to start screwing around with it as it's starting to hit the point where I'm going to just stop worrying about any warranty issues and stop making excuses for not spending any cash on it. Anyhow since most of you have posts I thought I'd throw mine up so we can keep track of it.

So here's the story of the car. I've had it since summer 2009. I was at the time driving a 2000 golf TDI, after having that one for about 9 years and driving the **** out of it I was starting to want something new. At the time I wanted on a GTI, speccing them out at dealerships in town. I had my heart set on a white one, pretty much the other end of the golfs from what I had. It wasn't till I really started digging that I found the R32 in Utah, 60 test drive miles on it, warranty was just turned on due to it being last years stock and they wouldn't let it sit on the lot any longer without it. So the warranty carried over fine to Canada and it ended up coming in about 7k cheaper than what GTI was going to run me.

Like I said, I haven't done a hell of a lot with it since getting it. I've installed a VF intake, and put some TSW wheels on it for the summer which I have since fallen out of love with so they'll be switched up in the near future too. At one point I did have some plasti on the front but drove through the prairies with it on and the bugs were being a bit more stubborn than the dip was. I'm hoping to get the thing an ecu tune, and was toying with throwing a milltek or borla on it and some KWs.

Anyhow, that all could fall in the "Cool story, bro". But if anybody has any suggestions they are all welcome. I'll try to keep this as updated as I go along.

Here it is in Salt Lake after picking it up.

Here's the TSW's

Driving the **** out of it Targa West

Plasti

R32 cruise last fall (thanks Ricky)
    Evan
    08 R32
    88 Golf (soup kitchen)

Re: One of those MK5 R32s

Originally posted by Fated View Post
    R32 cruise last fall (thanks Ricky)
    Great shot. I think I see my car in the very back there !! I agree with you on the wheels. What do you think you might replace them with?
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

wicked car, looking forward to seeing the next wheels you choose!
      sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
      His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
      Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
      Past:
      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
      2004 .:R32 BMP
      2001.5 Noggy blue s4
      2000 VW GTI 1.8T
      1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Such a great car! Can't wait to see what changes you end up making!
        TJ
        '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
        '01 Silver S4

Comment

Wooooo!!! That's awesome can't wait to see what you have in store!! I love these threads lol wish I had an r32!!!

Comment

Wow I didnt realize you had your .:R that long!!! Have fun tinkering with it this year, thats the best part!
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Right now I'm toying with a few of the BBS wheels, but mostly playing around until I find some wheels that really strike me. Will probably go away from the darker ones like what I have now. I wish I shopped around a bit more the first time. Hopefully I'll be able to unload the TSWs.

Pretty sure you were right behind me, Derek. Running block for so people didn't roll over Ricky incase he fell out of the car.

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
              Wow I didnt realize you had your .:R that long!!! Have fun tinkering with it this year, thats the best part!
              It's funny, I don't realize how long I've had the car until I really think about it, but it's just a fun as the day I got it.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, my extent of doing this previously was tinting and chipping a TDI Golf so I'll be harassing people for insight.
              Evan
              08 R32
              88 Golf (soup kitchen)

Comment

I'm excited to see what you choose ... Make sure to keep us posted.
                MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

Drool!!!!!
                  ~Tracy~
                  MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                  Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

looking forward to checking out the new wheels!

Comment

Right now I'm getting a quote from VMR on these powder coated V710s. I know quite a few people seem to run 710s, if anybody else has some good recommendations I'm open to suggestions.

Evan
                      08 R32
                      88 Golf (soup kitchen)

Comment

I looked at these exact same ones. Talk to Jay @ Tunerworks he can get them here for you. I think it's around an extra 300 for the powder coated wheels direct from VMR.

EDIT:
                        Just looked at the info sent to me and the powder coating was $345 more.
                        Last edited by Ur0Drivr; 02-08-2013, 10:32 AM.
                        --
                        Rod
                        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Awesome thanks for the heads up, the quote I got from VMR was $800 + 400 for powder coat and then the $90 to ship. Won't ask if these were what you went with, I know you're holding out on showing off your decision
                          Last edited by Fated; 02-08-2013, 10:36 AM.
                          Evan
                          08 R32
                          88 Golf (soup kitchen)

Comment

Originally posted by Fated View Post
                            Awesome thanks for the heads up, the quote I got from VMR was $800 + 400 for powder coat and then the $90 to ship. Won't ask if these were what you went with, I know you're holding out on showing off your decision
                            he told us last night, i support his decision 100%!!!
                            Current:
                            2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion DSG
                            2013 VW Jetta 2.5
                            Past:
                            2005 VW JTI 1.8T
                            1993 VW Jetta 2.0
                            1996 VW GTI VR6

1991 Ford F150 4X4
                            1989 Nissan Kingcab 2WD
                            1983 Buick Skylark

Comment

Lol, I let it out yesterday at the meet....Like I said I'm terrible at trying to keep things like this to myself for very long...

I went with the Tarmacs
                              --
                              Rod
                              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Working...
                              X