Bmarc's E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bmarc's E30

Bought this car a couple years ago and have slowing be working on it. When I first picked it up I did all the regular maintenance and replaced the timing belt since the PO did not tell me any history on the car and its better to be safe then sorry. Since then I have started to fix other pieces and add a couple upgrades. I replaced both doors with new rust free doors and ground off any surface rust that the car had. Once I am sure that the rust will not come back it will likely get a respray. I also blacked out all the chrome trim on the car.

As for upgrades the car currently has Bilstein sport shocks and struts, H&R race springs, custom 2.5" exhaust with high flow muffler and TR Motorsport 15x8 rims with 225/50/15's (fenders are rolled to fit). Adding a few more pieces over this winter, just installed new shift and e-brake boots with m-stitching and have 19# Bosch injectors, that were cleaned, rebuilt and flow matched, ready to be installed. Will likely have another couple goodies added before the spring rolls around. Keeping the engine upgrades to a minimum for the time being until I get some more maintenance type replace parts finished up (bushings, steering rack, etc...).

Anyway on to the pictures.

With my old VR6, which got sold a few months ago.

The new injectors.

New shift and e-brake boots.
    1990 BMW 325is
    2000 Jetta VR6 (sold)
    2000 Jetta TDI (RIP)

Re: Bmarc's E30

Looks really tidy and well cared for, very well presented. Great choice on rims too.

Where did you get your injectors flow-matched?
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Thanks, the car is in much better shape now then when I brought it home. Rims were more a choice of size and weight over looks, but I am pleased with the look.

Bought the injectors ready to go off ebay. The guy is on e30tech.com and sends it with a slip with the flow test results.
      1990 BMW 325is
      2000 Jetta VR6 (sold)
      2000 Jetta TDI (RIP)

Comment

love me some E30
        Dubwerkz -
        E36 325i - Sold.
        E36 328is - Sold.
        TR MKIV GTI 1.8T - Daily.
        www.ctsturbo.com

Comment

Welcome! Nice E30
          ~Tracy~
          MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
          Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

I miss my e30 :(
            ~~TODD~~
            '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Nice car man!
              Patryk
              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
              08 VW .:R32
              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dubbs View Post
                I miss my e30 :(
                Ditto. Nice car. Hopefully be back on the band wagon soon.
                Last edited by CGDoig; 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Cool Stuff!

Comment

Thanks all! Absolutely love the car, keep thinking about replacing it with an E46 M3 but I think I'd end up regretting selling it. Everyone who has ever owned one always seems to want to get another one.
                    1990 BMW 325is
                    2000 Jetta VR6 (sold)
                    2000 Jetta TDI (RIP)

Comment

I test drove an e46 m3 last summer as I was thinking about it too. I didn't like it very much to tell you the truth. The torque curve in it is very track orientated, doesn't kick in until way high in the revs. Felt like a big car too. I'm a big fan of go cart feeling go fast cars though so that doesn't help. I'd suggest test driving one first to see what you think.

Comment

Decided to plasti dip my mirrors black today, they were getting pretty beat up and needed some paint anyway.

And yes the car needs to be washed. Haven't taken it out since I got caught in the snow a couple weeks ago. Will have to wait a bit until the plasti dip cures though.

1990 BMW 325is
                        2000 Jetta VR6 (sold)
                        2000 Jetta TDI (RIP)

Comment

I like the black better anyways. Those plastic mirrors always take a beating. Has the car been resprayed? The doors look different in that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by CGDoig View Post
                            I like the black better anyways. Those plastic mirrors always take a beating. Has the car been resprayed? The doors look different in that picture.
                            He replaced the doors with rust free doors...its in his first post...lol
                            Car looks very good!!!
                            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
                              He replaced the doors with rust free doors...its in his first post...lol
                              Car looks very good!!!
                              What he said. haha Doors on the car when I bought it were all rusted out along the bottom, then my neighbours 16 year old son ran into the drives door with their SUV (luckily he only hit the door). So I just replaced both and they happen to be a different shade of red. Looking into plasti dipping the rest of the car this summer.

And thanks guy!
                              1990 BMW 325is
                              2000 Jetta VR6 (sold)
                              2000 Jetta TDI (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X