Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: From China with Love

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
    Sigh. The bumpers are usually different, different seats, interior trim etc.

It's like buying a golf but badging it a gti. Same model but different trims. But worse because you have a vw and are badging it with audi S line badges. Makes zero sense.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    What about badging a haldex 4motion as Quattro? If I badge it according to you how a s-line is badged, my car would be called Volkswagen Jetta GLI MK4.5 Skoda VRS special Oettinger Package S-line 3.2. The engine came out of a sline TT, the badges came off the same car, I just wanted the engine and the badge to stay together. Just like a little memorabilia. I would still just call it a Gli with a 3.2 but just thought the sline badge from the same sline car will be cool to see...... Thanks for the support guys!
    Last edited by kujiwara; 01-01-2015, 01:15 PM. Reason: Chinglish Such Epic
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Do it!
      D R E W

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
        Sigh. The bumpers are usually different, different seats, interior trim etc.

It's like buying a golf but badging it a gti. Same model but different trims. But worse because you have a vw and are badging it with audi S line badges. Makes zero sense.

Unlike an Sline the difference between an Golf and a GTI is much more than asthetics, its performance as well. Its true, this jetta isnt an Sline, and itll never be an Sline.. cause its a Jetta. But there isnt anything too special going on with an sline, especially in the case of a MK1 TT. People always badge their 3.2 swaps as Jetta R32, i dont see what all the flack is about a tiny sline badge on a Jetta that has the Audi 3.2 VR6 swapped in instead of the VW one.

Either way, all that aside at the end of the day its his car, would i do this? No. but hey, atleast this isnt making an appearance on his car .... i hope...

Last edited by GingerBeef; 01-01-2015, 01:18 PM.
        Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
        ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
        PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Put the badges on your bulletin board in your room. And then put them on an audi when you get one.

Comment

But my bullitin board doesnt have a body kit, nappa leather, and aluminum trim...
            Current Fleet
            2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Never mind the badging Jerry what are the plans for the 3.2 other than the swap? That's a lot of effort and expense to 200hp/200lb-ft to 247hp/238ft-lbs? Any other special sauce you planning? Haldex? FI?

Comment

I'm not one for up badging or anything like that, but this is his car. Make it a Jetta R 3.2T GLi AMG for all I care. Do you bud.
                I take pictures for money.

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
                  Never mind the badging Jerry what are the plans for the 3.2 other than the swap? That's a lot of effort and expense to 200hp/200lb-ft to 247hp/238ft-lbs? Any other special sauce you planning? Haldex? FI?
                  No big plans, but just want a stage two tune or some sort that should give it around 270hp. Gonna let ecuprogram do the tuning and will be running the 2.8 ecu. Maybe one of those new exit9 vf supercharger kits sometime down the road, or eventually a 3.6 fsi conversion.
                  Current Fleet
                  2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                    Do you bud.
                    I agree. Maybe get creative with a grinder and a dremel and do this...

Comment

That is fucking bad ass Bob.
                      Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                      ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                      PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Is there any good places in the engine bay to put those S-Line badges? I don't think people would get it if it was on the trunk or fenders, but it might help bring through the thought that this is an audi engine if you displayed them effectively in the engine bay. Just a thought since you wanted to keep the S-Line badges with the engine

Comment

That's amazing
                          Current Fleet
                          2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                            Is there any good places in the engine bay to put those S-Line badges? I don't think people would get it if it was on the trunk or fenders, but it might help bring through the thought that this is an audi engine if you displayed them effectively in the engine bay. Just a thought since you wanted to keep the S-Line badges with the engine
                            There is a pretty good place to put it on the intake manifold, but if I put them on the fenders and people ask me about it I'll just popthe hood and tell the the story
                            Current Fleet
                            2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
                              Unlike an Sline the difference between an Golf and a GTI is much more than asthetics, its performance as well. Its true, this jetta isnt an Sline, and itll never be an Sline.. cause its a Jetta. But there isnt anything too special going on with an sline, especially in the case of a MK1 TT. People always badge their 3.2 swaps as Jetta R32, i dont see what all the flack is about a tiny sline badge on a Jetta that has the Audi 3.2 VR6 swapped in instead of the VW one.

Either way, all that aside at the end of the day its his car, would i do this? No. but hey, atleast this isnt making an appearance on his car .... i hope...

Forgot to mention my S line at least does have different suspension as well. And I wanna point out most of the earlier gti's and golf's had some of the identical motors lol.

Guess to me it's more of the cross branding that seems weird. I mean of course do what ya want. But doesn't make sense is all.

That kuji lime badge would be bad ass though.

Last edited by Ponto; 01-01-2015, 07:55 PM.
                              2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
                              2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
                              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Some say... The jetta needs to slow down quicker and more traction... #soon... stay tuned
                                Last edited by kujiwara; 01-31-2015, 09:38 PM.
                                Current Fleet
                                2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Working...
                                X